Junior Data Processing Executive
We are YouthSight. We help clients see the world through the eyes of young people, students and young professionals.
Our three specialist research teams provide the insights and data that universities, brands and policy-makers, market research and advertising agencies need. Our findings are regularly in the news, helping to fuel debates around Gen Y and Gen Z, trends in higher education and best practice in youth research.
We own and manage The OpinionPanel Community – the UK’s largest youth research community, comprised of 135,000 16-30 year olds; all ready and willing to take part in research surveys, online communities and co-creation exercises.
Since our foundation in 2004, one of our core principles has been to treat our research participants with respect and pay them decent incentives. That’s why clients know that we’re able to provide very high quality primary research. Additionally, we develop fantastic award-winning research tools, hire super-smart consultants and really care about customer service.
We are located right in the centre of London, between the Silicon Roundabout and Shoreditch.
Job Title - Junior Data Processing Executive
Line Manager - Operations Director
Purpose of the role
• To provide excellent service to both internal and external clients
• To produce online survey scripts, data tabulations, data exports and other market research deliverable correctly and to schedule
• To help maintain office IT systems and support users
Knowledge & Skills needed for success
Training will be provided in the following:
• Market research online survey software (Questback)
• Market research data cross-tabulation software (Merlin)
• Statistical analysis (SPSS)
• Conjoint/MaxDiff research (Sawtooth)
• Solid understanding of the market research process
• Windows server and desktop operating systems
• Linux command shell
• Networking basics
Desirable Key Skills
• Logical mind-set and good attention to detail
• Creative problem-solving
• Emotional intelligence / interpersonal skills
What this role has to deliver
• The role is primarily a technical one. Assigned tasks such as setting up/amending data capture scripts, data cross-tabulation scripts, supporting the office IT etc. have to be completed correctly, effectively and to schedule/in a timely manner.
• Identify and suggest improvements for tasks, processes or deliverables whenever possible
Team-working / partnership
• Effective and friendly co-operation with both clients and suppliers (both internal research teams and external)
• This is a learning company. You are expected to actively seek out new skills, and find new/better applications for existing ones, through self-study, experimentation and formal training exercises, wherever possible.
• Share any new skills or developments within the technical team and, where appropriate, with the company at large.