Research Manager - Data & Analysis
5 days left
- Full Time
Research Manager - Data & Analysis
12 month FTC maternity cover, based in London
Salary negotiable depending on experience
Which? is the largest independent consumer organisation in the UK. We champion consumers through extensive advice on products and services and enacting positive change through our campaigns on consumer issues.
Our Consumer Research & Science team plays a critical role in designing and implementing research across a range of quantitative and qualitative methods and in product testing. We have an exciting maternity-cover opportunity for a Team Manager to lead and drive the future work of our statistics and survey scripting teams.
What you'll be doing
As Team Manager you will work with the Head of Consumer Research & Science and other Team Managers to build, develop and manage a flexible and efficient team to produce high quality data-led research. The team’s work is crucial in developing robust research methodologies and analysis for the development of reviews and advice content for our magazines, website. It’s also key in obtaining and understanding our members’ decisive and influential verdicts on products and services, and monitoring and understanding customers’ opinions of our brand, products and services.
You’ll be responsible for a team of 5 including statisticians and survey scripters. You'll encourage development of their skills and abilities and promote collaborative and cohesive team working to share knowledge and expertise within and beyond your team. You'll also bring technological innovation and ideas for reviewing and refreshing our current processes and methodologies.
What we're looking for
- A proven track record in line-management, leadership and the ability to inspire, organise and set clear direction for others
- A passion for driving innovation and improvement at a department wide-level
- A good understanding of market research methodologies and roles performed by scripters and analysts which will help you maximise the potential of your direct reports
- A passion for data and analysis and exceptional technical expertise across Excel, SPSS, SAS, Access, Decipher, VBA, Python (we wouldn't expect you to be an expert in all, but you would need to be confident to engage with the team on new areas)
- Exceptional communication and influencing skills and the ability to develop positive relationships with key stakeholders
What success will look like
- The accuracy and reliability of research and content outputs will be robust and expert
- You'll drive innovative improvements to our processes and methodologies in all stages of survey and data research processes and find ways of exploring insight potential to the full
- You'll get great feedback from key stakeholders and make a positive impact across the organisation
- You will act as an ambassador for our values and will inspire others to do the same.
What we’ll give you in return
Our rewards package is one of the best out there. You’ll get 28 days’ annual leave, an interest-free season ticket loan, life assurance, and a generous pension scheme. You can work every day knowing that you’re playing your part in making consumers as powerful as the organisations they deal with.
To apply, please email your CV and covering letter by clicking on the Apply button
Apply for Research Manager - Data & Analysis
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly