Research and Insight Manager
We are looking to recruit an inquisitive, analytical and dynamic Research and Insight Manager to join our growing team at AMBA.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, talented and ambitious research professional to formulate and deliver integrated B2B and B2C research campaigns, insight, market analysis and thought-provoking reports, to enhance and expand the Association of MBA’s (AMBA) reputation as a leader in the postgraduate management education sector and wider business community.
The Research and Insight Manager will need to understand the key challenges facing each of its global stakeholder groups, from pre-MBA’s, students and graduates to Business Schools, employers, corporate sponsors and the wider business world. They will need to have a strong background in planning and executing research projects from start to finish as well as experience in financial and quantitative reporting. They will work with the Head of Communications and Membership and Operations Director to formulate and implement AMBA’s global communications strategy.
The key responsibilities are:
- Research current - and recognise future - key topics in the business education environment and apply to each department as required to ensure AMBA thought leadership content is up to date and relevant
- Produce and manage high-quality research projects working closely with the Head of Communications and the Membership and Operations Director.
- Work with the Head of Communications to research and write thought leadership pieces and articles on various industry topics
- Build relationships with representatives from Business Schools and employers in order to encourage participation in research projects
- Work closely with Marketing, Membership and Events colleagues to identify pressing issues in the market and develop strategies to address them
- Be an additional resource for sourcing high level, relevant speakers for all AMBA events
- Present market research findings at industry events and conferences
- Establish and maintain a pro-active presence in AMBAs online Community
- Undertake competitor analyses
The core qualifications, skills and experience needed are:
- Degree level education
- Experience of the executive education industry desirable
- Substantial experience in writing and preparing various forms of research papers and articles
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels in an organisation
- Strong research, analytical and numerical skills, including the ability to project manage and design research projects, collect, analyse and interpret quantitative and qualitative data
- Ability to condense and communicate large volumes of information in a clear, concise and easy-to-understand language across a variety of levels Excellent presentation and public speaking skills
- Excellent English language skills, including copywriting and proof-reading
- Excellent organisational, administrative, and project management skills, with the ability to take project successfully from concept to completion
- Excellent IT skills, including an excellent knowledge of Microsoft Excel as well as a working knowledge of other Microsoft Office tools and research databases. Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite would be advantageous but not essential
- Understanding of the MBA environment and the Association’s constituent groups
Terms of appointment
Location – EC1A 9LQ, near to St Paul’s Cathedral
Hours of work – 35 hours per week
PLEASE EMAIL YOUR CV AND A COVERING LETTER OUTLINING YOUR SUITABILITY FOR THIS ROLE VIA THE BUTTON BELOW. Only applications with a CV and covering letter will be considered.
We anticipate a large number of applications for this role. If you do not hear from us, please assume your application has not been successful on this occasion.
No recruitment agencies please.