Panel Manager - London
Panel Manager - London
FTC up to 12 months
Salary negotiable depending on experience
We’re looking for an experienced Panel Manager to join our Consumer Research team.
Which? is the largest independent consumer organisation in the UK. We champion consumers through extensive advice on products and services and enacting positive change through our campaigns on consumer issues. We have a long history of using surveys of our own member panel - Which? Connect - and the general public, to get decisive and influential verdicts on products and services that consumers use every day.
What you’ll be doing
You will manage the day-to-day running of Which? Connect, our 40,000-strong member panel, and oversee the sampling and distribution of all of our editorial and Voice of the Customer surveys.
You’ll relish the opportunity to take lead ownership of a vibrant, engaged and well-established consumer panel and be excited about the opportunity to refresh and grow this essential resource for our editorial and wider needs. Key responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling and sampling - ensuring all surveys are scheduled appropriately and generating sample data and advice as required by researchers
- Panel development - having strategic oversight of the panel to ensure it develops and adapts to meet current and future business needs. This will including increasing engagement and recruitment of new members, and keeping abreast of new and innovative developments in the wider world of online communities
- Panel management - ensuring core information gained through Which? Connect surveys and other sources is recorded against panel member profiles
- Panel maintenance - registering and unsubscribing members as appropriate
- Panel reporting – using our panel management software to monitor usage, response rates, survey duration etc and reporting conclusions to the wider team
- Quality assurance - ensuring compliance to all relevant laws and codes of practice relating to data protection and market research
- - responding to Which? Connect members who contact our helpdesk with questions or concerns about specific surveys.
- Strong experience of running a research panel and using sophisticated market research sampling software such as Kinesis or Decipher
- Relevant work experience within a market research environment and a good working knowledge of market research methodologies
- Excellent attention to detail and a high degree of numeracy
- Exceptional organisational skills as well as the ability to work under pressure; can work flexibly and manage workloads according to business demands
- Strong grasp of English language (grammar) and excellent communication skills
- Ability to interpret and convert panel activity data into management reports and recommending any changes required
- Good analytical and interpretative skills, an inquiring mind, creative ideas for strategic development of panel and plenty of enthusiasm
- Intermediate level skills with Excel
What we offer in return
Our rewards package is one of the best out there. You’ll get 28 days’ annual leave, an interest-free season ticket loan, life assurance, and a pension scheme that increases to 11% after you’ve been here for a year. You’ll also get the chance to develop your career, with a big focus on internal development. And you can work every day knowing that you’re playing your part in making consumers as powerful as the organisations they deal with.