Are you looking for a research and insights role in a fast-growing, market-leading business where people are at the heart of everything we do? Do you love both qual and quant research and have a flair for combining numbers with narrative?
Come join us if you are passionate about the education sector and you’d like to work within a socially conscious organisation that is making a real impact.
The Key Group is home to 5 brands (The Key, GovernorHub, and 3 MIS brands: Arbor, ScholarPack and Integris), each the leading provider in its category. Over 400 colleagues deliver our award-winning services and serve 19,000 schools, supporting leadership and management, CPD, safeguarding, governance and cloud-based MIS.
We are looking for a research and insights manager to join our small Insights team that spans the group. You will use mixed-methods research approaches in order to support the insights needed across the group, thereby helping to support product development, market research, sector research and thought leadership initiatives.
- Run mixed methods research as per the needs of each project, using qualitative and quantitative techniques, including in-depth interviews, focus groups, ethnographic studies and panel management (all mainly online but occasionally in person), as well as online surveys and polls.
- Manage all aspects of the research process, from project design/briefs, stakeholder management, resourcing, recruiting, scheduling, researching, analysing and writing reports according to the brief.
- Support smaller research projects around the business, acting as internal consultant on approaches, briefs and analysis, as well as giving training where needed.
For the right candidate, we are happy to look at applicants who are interested in a part-time position (minimum 0.8 FTE, or full time during school term-time, and part time during the school holidays - please discuss this with us at application as we are open to flexibility).
The ideal person
- 2+ years of solid, full-time research experience, using both qualitative and quantitative methods, and able to excel at both - ideally with experience or sound knowledge of the education (schools) sector in England
- Good numeracy, with particular skills in statistical analysis, using Excel and survey software, and the ability to translate data analysis into great report-writing to a house-style
- A highly organised, practical self-starter with the ability to identify and drive improvements, and lead new initiatives as they arise
- Able to travel to our London office at least once a fortnight and flexible on travel (e.g conferences)
Why work for us
We place huge importance on caring for and developing our people. If you join us you can expect a good work-life balance and the training and support you need to succeed in your role and continue to progress. We are a socially conscious company, but one that also likes to have fun.
A generous holiday allowance (25 days in your first year and 28 days from your second)
The option to buy and sell holidays as well as additional ‘Key Days’ throughout the year
Four days of governor leave annually
A very generous family policy for both maternity and paternity leave (up to 20 weeks and 6 weeks at full pay respectively)
Free access to a financial wellbeing app, Bippit
Free access to an EAP, counselling service and virtual GP through the Yulife App
Access to BUPA dental insurance level 2
And multitude of other benefits to support our employees
We're serious about flexibility, so if you would like to work part time, or more flexibly in any way please get in touch and we will accommodate where we can.
How to apply
More information on the role, company and how to apply can be found here: https://thekeysupport.com/careers
The deadline for applications is Friday 13th October.
We are an equal opportunities employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made at any step of the recruitment process, including telephone/video interviews, written tasks and face-to-face interviews.