Research & Insight Manager
- Network Rail
- Milton Keynes, Buckinghamshire
- Band 4B, £34,050 - £38,305
- Closing date
- 29 Mar 2023
- Job Role
- Research Manager
- Public Sector, Transport
- Contract Type
- Full Time
About Network Rail…
Our passengers and freight users are at the heart of everything we do. We help connect people to their friends and families and get goods to their destination safely and efficiently. We’re an organisation where people matter. When you're part of our team, you matter to us and you matter to millions. Watch our video to find out more!
We're continuing to build a more diverse and inclusive organisation which is representative of the passengers we serve. To do this, it is essential we become a more open, diverse and inclusive organisation, harnessing the skills and expertise of all our people and attracting the best talent to help us have a safe, accessible railway for everyone. To learn more about how Diversity and Inclusion is important to Network Rail please click here.
We believe that investing in our people is one of the most effective ways of improving the safety, reliability and efficiency of the railway. For more information about Network Rail please click here, or for more information on how we recruit, please click here.
About the function
Our Communications team supports the business to meet some of its most important goals – encouraging passengers to use the railway, meeting our net zero goals, modernising the railway for the future and helping keep everyone safe who works on, uses or lives near the railway.
Who are we looking for?
We’re looking for a Research & Manager to work within our strategic communications team.
The strategic communications team are there to make sure all our communications have purpose. We use data and insight to make sure we’re focused on the right things, and we understand how our audiences are thinking and feeling. We plan and deliver integrated communications that shift perceptions and change behaviour in a way that helps us to run a better and safer railway for our passengers.
You’ll need to have experience of managing market research projects either from a client-side or agency environment. And you’ll be the kind of person who enjoys getting under the skin of what research says and understanding what it means for a business. You’ll be confident at advising how and where research can have impact. And you’ll be someone who enjoys collaboration, thinks analytically, is well organised and has the diplomacy to work well with a range of stakeholders and senior members of the business.
A note from the hiring manager…
This is a great opportunity to join the research team in our Communications function and make an impact in a large organisation where research is key in informing decision making.
You will oversee our roster agencies and support colleagues across the business with their ad-hoc insight needs. You will manage our large continuous brand and campaign tracker alongside our annual political and journalist surveys.
Project management and budgeting skills are a must alongside strong experience working in the field of research and insight. You will be supported and guided by your colleagues and have plenty of opportunities to be involved with different projects along the way that will develop your skills.
What will you be doing?
- Managing the delivery of our continuous programme of research. Key aspects of this include reputation and campaign tracking survey with passengers and the general public, as well surveys amongst key stakeholders (e.g. politicians and journalists). Working with colleagues across Network Rail to support and facilitate their ad-hoc research requirements. This can range from creative development to support our large national campaigns through to a mystery shopping exercise at our stations. This will involve shaping a brief and agency selection through to managing the project, day to day Manage our roster of agencies and research team’s budget.
What essential skills and experiences are required?
- Position within an agency or client-side mark research team Delivery of all research methodologies Ability to run focus groups, conduct senior level interviews Very good inter-personal skills Very good presentation skills Very good written English Very good numerical analysis skills
We would also like, but not essential.
- Educated to degree level Professional research qualification (MRS) Client-side and agency experience
Key Vacancy Information
Duration: 18 Month Fixed Term Contract
Location: This role is based at The Quadrant:MK (Milton Keynes). For roles based in the Quadrant:MK, you must live within 75/90 minutes.
Closing date: 29th March 2023. On occasions, we may need to close the advert early based upon application volumes. Late applications may not be accepted. Interviews will be held: TBC.
Band & Salary: Band 4B, £34,050 - £38,305
What can we offer you in return?
We have a range of benefits including:
- 28 days annual leave entitlement, plus Bank Holidays and five volunteer days My Benefits – our discounted online shopping site A range of discounted offers including, Healthcare offers, cycle to work, healthcare club discounted membership and other benefits Subsidies of up to 75% on rail and underground season tickets A range of pension schemes Two weeks paid reserve leave for our Armed Forces community Training, development and employee assistance programme available To learn about the benefits we offer please here.
A message from our Chief Executive, Andrew Haines:
“We want to be on the side of the passengers and demonstrate our leadership across the rail industry. We will be an organisation that is easy to do business with, and one where our people are proud to work.
To achieve these ambitions, we will work to increase the diversity of our workforce so that we represent the passengers that we serve up and down the country – because everyone matters.” (2020)
How to apply
We're an inclusive employer of choice, Disability Confident Leader employer, encourage people to work flexibly and we welcome applications from everyone (Click here for more information).
Visit Evenbreak’s Career Hive should you need accessibility support to apply or should you require any reasonable adjustments/modifications, please contact RecruitmentSupport@networkrail.co.uk
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert