Research Manager - International Social Affairs Research
- Spalding Goobey Associates
- London (Hybrid working)
- £40,000 – 46,000 + bens
- Closing date
- 3 Mar 2023
- Job Role
- Research Manager
- Public Sector, Government / Local Authority
- Contract Type
- Full Time
Great opportunity for a Research Manager to take a leading role in this highly respected independent research agency. They specialise in the issue-based, international and socio-political space. This position offers the opportunity to work on public opinion research of citizens across the world covering some of the most important contemporary issues (security, democracy, development, etc.). You should be as fascinated as they are by the relationship between public opinion and political, military, economic, social, & development-related issues and how best to communicate with them.
To be successful in this role you will need to have a mixed method background. Quant will take precedence but a solid understanding of qual will also be required.
Key responsibilities include:
- Be the primary point of contact and build long-term relationships with clients
- Develop a thorough understanding of how client requirements translate into research projects
- Become a trusted advisor to clients
- Develop knowledge and expertise in your clients’ geographies and sectors
- Input into the design, costs, and contribute to discussion about how to resource projects.
- Project leadership & delivery:
- Contribute to research design and take the lead on designing research instruments
- Take the lead with reporting design and analysis, consulting with clients and ensuring that junior team members follow instructions correctly
- Lead a team of researchers to ensure the successful delivery of projects
- Take responsibility for ensuring the project is delivered as per agreed
- Identify and solve problems with project
- Line manage junior staff members
- helping them to organize their working week
- being the first point of contact for any issues that they have
- ensure that all junior staff work is reviewed before it goes out to clients
- help junior team members to improve the way that they work.
- Support Business Development activities - Identify possible opportunities with your existing portfolio of clients
- Travel for business purposes – conducting training, client briefings and presentations as required
This is the Ideal role for someone with a ‘can-do’ attitude, a keen interest in international politics and ideally an agency research background. This is a small and busy consultancy, so this role would suit someone who wants to be given responsibility and be trusted, is happy to muck in and do what’s needed to get the project done. So if you like the idea of action over function and structure, then contact us for more details.
We are a recruitment consultancy specialising in executive positions within the market research and other related industries. The word consultancy is chosen with care as we are not a paperpunting agency. We always offer honest, considered advice and appropriate introductions.
- 020 7287 7237
73-81 Southwark Bridge Road
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert