Market Insight Manager
- University of Edinburgh
- City of Edinburgh
- Grade UE07: £35,333 - £42,155 per annum
- Closing date
- 22 Feb 2023
- Job Role
- Insight Manager/Director
- Contract Type
- Full Time
An opportunity has arisen for an open-ended position within the Market Insight team within Communication and Marketing.
This exciting role involves working on a wide range of research projects including exploring the awareness and reputation of the University and the identification and evaluation of student recruitment opportunities.
Flexible working arrangements will be considered (e.g. part-time, hybrid).
You will work on a range of projects and have autonomy and flexibility in the work you do.
Typical day-to-day activities could include:
- Designing and setting up large-scale surveys, analysing and reporting the findings
- Running and analysing focus groups or depth interviews
- Searching out and exploring market data to inform strategic decisions
- Writing reports and developing data dashboards based on insights drawn from raw data
- Presenting insights and recommendations to clients across the University
We are keen to understand your experience of working on these types of projects, so would like to see details in your application. In your covering letter, please include examples to illustrate your experience of the essential and desirable criteria as noted in the job description.
Your skills and attributes for success:
- A degree in a relevant field or extensive, relevant professional experience.
- Advanced user of data analysis and survey software (e.g. excel, SPSS, Online surveys, Qualtrics or equivalent).
- Considerable experience in gaining, interpreting and reporting market insight
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills including the ability to generate insights and recommendations from raw data.
- Proven experience of various research methodologies including: quantitative (e.g. running large-scale surveys); qualitative (e.g. running focus groups); and, conducting desk research.
- See the Job description for a full list of requirements.
Please submit a covering letter and CV as part of the application process.
For more information, please contact Christine Emmerson, Head of Market Insight, at firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here for a copy of the full job description.
As a valued member of our team you can expect:
An exciting, positive, creative, challenging and rewarding place to work. We give you support, nurture your talent and reward success. You will benefit from a competitive reward package and a wide range of staff benefits, which includes a generous holiday entitlement, a defined benefits pension scheme, staff discounts, family friendly initiatives, flexible working and much more. Access our staff benefits page for further information and use our reward calculator to find out the total value of pay and benefits provided.
The University of Edinburgh holds a Silver Athena SWAN award in recognition of our commitment to advance gender equality in higher education. We are members of the Race Equality Charter and we are also Stonewall Scotland Diversity Champions, actively promoting LGBT equality.
Interviews will be held in late February/early March – date to be confirmed
If invited for interview you will be required to evidence your right to work in the UK. Further information is available on our right to work webpages.
On this occasion, the University will not consider applicants requiring sponsorship for this role. International workers will therefore only be able to take up this role if they can demonstrate an alternative right to work in the UK.
Communication and Marketing Department:
We enable the University to deliver on its vision by leading on the protection and enhancement of our reputation through the provision of professional advice and support for all communications and marketing activity across the institution, and exploitation of new approaches and technologies.
What we do
We help to promote the understanding of, and support for, the University and its work.
We also work to make sure that there is a well-managed flow of information from one part of the university to another.
Our team offers a wide range of services and produces a variety of publications and resources for:
- the media
- the general public
- current and prospective students
- partner organisations
- the public and private sectors
- University colleagues
As a world-leading research-intensive University, we are here to address tomorrow’s greatest challenges. Between now and 2030 we will do that with a values-led approach to teaching, research and innovation, and through the strength of our relationships, both locally and globally.
About the Team
Communications and Marketing (CAM) has the demanding role of promoting and enhancing the profile of the University locally, regionally and globally in various mediums. Our services and areas of expertise include public relations and press office services, media training, prospectus and promotional material production, advertising, media selection, events, video production, web publishing, corporate merchandising and information/exhibition provision via our visitor centre. As the University of Edinburgh is a well-known worldwide brand, we require the highest level of professionals to retain and enhance our reputation.
To find out more, visit https://www.ed.ac.uk/communications-marketing/about-us
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert