- Guide Dogs for the Blind
- Reading, Berkshire / Hybrid
- £28,988.00 - £35,199.99 subject to experience
- Closing date
- 19 Feb 2023
- Job Role
- Insight Manager/Director
- Contract Type
- Full Time
The role of the Insight Officer is to use research and data to better understand the needs of people with vision impairment and sight loss.
This role will provide the customer insight we need to guide our strategy and develop person-centred services and marketing plans to meet those needs.
This is a Hybrid role working for two days a week at our Reading hub and the remaining 3 days at home on a 12-month fixed term basis.
The working hours are 9am to 5pm, Monday to Friday, 35 hours per week, with 26 days paid holiday (excluding bank holidays) a year.
We offer a generous pension scheme, life assurance and enhanced pay for parenting and sickness leave. In addition, we provide an Employee Assistance Programme, flexible benefits package and discounts and cashback scheme to care for our people.
More details about this role, the Organisation and the recruitment process can be found in the attached candidate pack and job description.
We reserve the right to close adverts earlier than the closing date.
Guide Dogs welcomes applications from all sections of the community and actively encourages diversity to maximise achievements, creativity and good practice. We positively welcome and seek to ensure we achieve diversity in our workforce and that all job applicants and employees receive equal and fair treatment, regardless of age, race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, disability or nationality. We encourage applications from people with disabilities as they are currently under-represented in the organisation and guarantee an invitation to interview for all applicants with disabilities who demonstrate, within their application form, sufficient evidence to meet the essential criteria for the job.
Guide Dogs is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children, young people and adults at risk of harm with whom we work. We expect all our employees and volunteers to fully share this commitment.
To be able to fulfil this role, the skills and experience we are looking for in a potential candidate include:
- Experience in a similar customer insight and research role, either with an agency or in a client-side insight team
- Confident conducting primary research, analysing, and sharing results with internal stakeholders (with support of the Customer Research & Insight Manager)
- Experience managing external agencies within agreed timelines
- Good understanding of research methodologies and when to use them
- Confident conducting analysis – knowing how to bring sources of insight together and find an insight story
- Proactive attitude and ability to work independently on projects when needed
- While not essential for this position, please share in your application if you have had any training from MRS, SRA or similar research institution
- Experience of working in the non-profit sector, or a strong desire to develop in this area
- Experience moderating qualitative research such as focus groups and depth interviews, or a desire to develop in this area
- Awareness of accessibility needs to ensure research is accessible to those with vision impairment
For the complete list of essential and desirable criteria necessary to be successful in this role please see the Person Specification within the Job Description below. The candidate pack contains more information about this role.
If you are successful you will need to provide evidence of your right to work in the UK. We cannot provide sponsorship for this role.
How to apply
If you have any accessibility issues, please contact our Recruitment Team on 0118 3540345 email@example.com.
Applications need to be made using the online application form, accessed using the ‘apply’ button above.
As part of your application ensure you provide evidence and examples of how your skills & experience meet the criteria as set out in the attached job description.
The system has a one-hour time limit. We would advise you to prepare your answers separately and then copy and paste into the online form once finalised.
If any mandatory fields are missed, a pop-up box will appear at the top of the page advising which sections require completion.
Please note that you will have to upload a CV as this is a mandatory requirement.
Guide Dogs follow Safer Recruitment practices to ensure we are safeguarding the vulnerable people we work with. We require a full work history with any gaps accounted for & a minimum of 2 professional referee details fully covering the past 5 years.
If there is not enough space in your application please ensure you upload additional documentation containing the additional detail.
Please contact our Recruitment Team on 0118 3540345 or firstname.lastname@example.org if you require any support with your application.
Application Closing Date 19/02/2023Hybr
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert