Study Coordinator - Fieldwork (18 Month Contract)
- Innovia Technology
- Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, UK
- competitive salary + benefits
- Closing date
- 21 Dec 2022
- Job Role
- Fieldwork, Planner, Project Manager, Research Manager, Research Officer
- Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals, Transport, Food and Drink, Environmental, FMCG, Toiletries / Beauty, Energy / Utilities, Generalist, Business to Business, Consumer, Consultancy
- Contract Type
- Part Time
Innovia Technology has an exciting new role for an experienced study coordinator to manage the logistics for our growing primary research capability and support the work of our Innovation Consultants.
Primary Research at Innovia
Innovia forms unique multidisciplinary teams of specialists from across science, medicine, engineering, design, business strategy and human behaviour to create holistic breakthrough innovations for global clients who are leaders in a wide range of sectors from healthcare to transport, food, luxury retail, and more.
Central to our ability to provide well-rounded recommendations and creative technical solutions is the rigorous academic training and evidence-based approach of our consultants and project teams. Primary research and analysis have become a growing part of our in-house evidence gathering procedures which also include: small scale experiments, systematic literature review, prototyping, commissioning research and testing, organising and interpreting data, measuring business considerations, and integrating diverse expertise.
The Opportunity Location: Cambridge, UK
Duration: 18-month short term contract
Hours: 30 hours per week with flexible scheduling (0.8TE)
In this role you will be working with key consultants experienced in research to coordinate the logistics of our expanding primary research activities linked to client projects.
These activities typically take the form of short 1-3 month projects focused around innovation, concept testing and intervention research. Our studies are mostly performed online, but we are likely to incorporate more in-person focus groups and interviews in the future, which will be based out of our Cambridge UK office and in some other locations as required by our clients.
Studies often involve aspects of behavioural science, product design, and life sciences, and as a result you are likely to work closely with our consultants who specialise in these fields, alongside our experienced Consultant Support staff.
In this role you are likely to spend 50% of your time coordinating and developing our research activities, and 50% on supporting the work of our consultants most engaged with study coordination.
Study Planning and Organisation
- Liaise with internal stakeholders: consultants in key disciplines, project managers, business support and utilisation team
- Identify new opportunities for better quality and more efficient primary research processes
- Track and manage requests for fieldwork
- Scope costs and timelines for potential studies
- Obtain quotes and budget information
- Establish and maintain relationships with a network of key suppliers: research providers and recruitment agencies
- Ensure correct setup of contracts and paperwork with partners and clients
- Prepare comprehensive plans for study activities
- Create fieldwork schedules for clients/PMs and key research personnel for interviews and focus groups
- Ensure compliance with legal and ethical requirements
Developing Materials and Recordkeeping
- Assist in the creation of study materials (recruitment screeners, consent forms and ethics applications)
- Facilitate the upload and processing of study materials (interview audio and video), including data entry and cleaning where required
- Maintain electronic files and folders relating to studies
- Complete data verification processes required to pay associates
Coordinating Ongoing Activities
- Support a team of behavioural scientists’ research needs (e.g. training)
- Work alongside consultant support professionals to provide support in the preparation, fieldwork management, and on-going improvement of fieldwork
- Ensure interview stimuli are prepared and ready for each interview
- Check participant consent forms and homework tasks
- Track schedules, send reminders to participants, and review transcripts
- Set up videoconferencing and other IT/AV needs
- Liaise with our Consultant support team where fieldwork travel may be required
- Liaise with recruitment agencies to ensure targets and quality standards are met
- Anonymise data to ensure interviews are double-blind
- Manage any problems or concerns relating to the interviews from research associates and participants
- Respond thoughtfully to study-related questions from the client
- Report progress to internal and external stakeholders
General Administrative Support for Consultants and Internal Business Functions
- This will vary according to the needs of the business but is likely to include arranging and minuting internal meetings, following up on actions, updating internal files and records, purchasing of equipment and materials, and collating and drafting reports
We are looking for an experienced study coordinator who is enthusiastic about organisation and logistics, excited about research, and who enjoys creating materials for studies and handling data.
Our ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent organisation and efficiency, strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to work independently, take initiative and multi-task.
- Previous experience working in a medical, health or consumer research environment (5 years+)
- Familiarity with qualitative research methods
- Significant prior experience setting up and supporting studies
- Familiar with MS Office, Dropbox and video conferencing technologies
- Detail-oriented and organised
- A degree (or equivalent experience) which has involved the collection and analysis of data
- Experience of ethics committees and submitting ethics applications to institutional review boards
- Experience working with a variety of online research platforms (such as Qualtrics or similar)
- An understanding of quantitative research methods
As a small fast-paced business, there are opportunities for the right candidate to expand your expertise alongside our primary research activities and develop in your role. Our strong emphasis on flexible working and work-life balance, and friendly and casual office culture, suits someone who is as passionate about their work as they are about the rest of their life.
This role will be based in our office in Cambridge UK. After successful completion of probation period hybrid working (a combination of in-person and remote working) will be offered. Unfortunately, this role is not suitable for applicants who wish to work 100% remotely as some regular in-office working is required.
In this role there might be a small amount of international travel required to support our projects. Applicants must be based in and have the right to work in the UK.
We are committed to creating a supportive and inclusive workplace. We treat people equitably regardless of their age, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, religion, or political views. We especially encourage applications from people who are members of protected groups.
Interviews: w/c 28th November 2022 onwards
Ideally, we would like to have someone in this post by Feb 2023
Innovia Technology is a friendly Cambridge-based innovation consultancy with a focus on work-life balance.
Our approach is holistic: we integrate the knowledge of experts in different fields to gain unique and well rounded insights for clients like Procter & Gamble, PepsiCo, The North Face, Pfizer, KraftHeinz, Johnson & Johnson, and Jaguar Land Rover.
As inventors for hire we work on projects spanning industries from energy and fuel, to food, clothing, transport, medical devices and consumer goods.
We’re looking for creative and adaptable people from multiple STEM, Business, Behavioural Science and Design fields for experienced, graduate, internship and business support roles.
St Andrew's House, St Andrew's Rd
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert