We are looking for a Market Research Manager to join our Retail Marketing team at
Next on a 12 month fixed term contract beginning in November 2022!
This is a fantastic opportunity for a quantitative specialist to lead, manage and develop
a number of on-going tracking research studies. Some of these studies include:
● Next Loves to Listen – Store customer experience
● Service Monitor – Competitive service view
● Customer experience benchmarking for the business as a whole
● CoNextions – Evaluation of customer service processes
● Brand Equity – Monitoring brand perceptions.
● Awareness Tracker – Monitoring awareness of key initiatives
● National Events Tracker – Summary of key events in the year i.e. Christmas
● Managing projects in house via a self service survey hosting platform.
● Mystery shopping to supplement Next Loves to Listen
As part of this role you will ensure that all research projects are managed to the highest
standard, providing good value for money and meeting all desired objectives; in order to provide Next with forward thinking, actionable customer and market insights that drive the business forward.
In this role you’ll have the flexibility to be based at our head office, within stores and/or remote depending on business needs. This role also offers a competitive salary, car allowance along with a variety of other excellent benefits.
● Managing internal clients, in order to understand expectations around key
timelines, objectives and gain access to relevant internal information.
● Managing external third parties, in order to ensure they are performing as
expected and in line with contractual obligations.
● Ensure key findings are shared across the company to all relevant stakeholders,and where possible combining key learning across studies in order to provide ‘bigger picture’ insight.
● Arrange for regular presentations for each study to key stakeholders, ensuring the format and timings of the presentation are in line with expectations and leading the meeting in a manner that is appropriate to the audience.
● Helping to find more effective ways of working with the MR department.
● Keeping up to date with relevant retail news and where relevant sharing news with key stakeholders.
● As much as possible, conducting competitive shopping visits in retail and online in order to keep up to date with the services provided and the general consumer experience when shopping fashion or home.
What we are looking for:
● Implements research excellence
● Enthusiasm for research and its application in regards to key business questions.
● Practical knowledge of a range of qual and quant skills, tools and techniques.
● A head for numbers - ability to absorb and understand data quickly and
● Eye for identifying new and relevant research methodologies.
● Ability to evaluate methodologies vs cost to determine what presents good value
● Excellent organisation, problem solving, project management and prioritisation skills.
● Effective management of third party agencies so that they are able to meet set timelines, run projects to desired criteria and deliver insight in a compelling manner.
● Helps to drive business change/success…
○ Appreciation of how insight can keep Next at the cutting edge of the
○ Ability to apply knowledge in a fast paced commercial environment.
○ Ability to cope with demanding internal needs, frequent changes and
○ Ability to quickly extract key insights from data and translate into
○ Ability to see the bigger picture and how learnings can be applied more
● A confident and engaging presenter, with the ability to speak in front of a large and potentially senior audience.
● Ability to adapt presentation and meeting materials/agendas so that they are most relevant to the audience and achieves desired outcomes.
● A confident communicator – both written and verbal.
● Ability to network and develop relationships in order to identify appropriate
stakeholders for projects / debriefs.
▪ Company Car or Cash Alternative
▪ Management Share Options
▪ Head Office Bonus Scheme – dependent upon Next Brand Profit targets being
▪ Employee Share Save Scheme (save up to £250 per month)
▪ Contributory Pension Scheme (After 3 Months - 3% or 5%, with 2 x or 3 x Life Assurance Cover)
▪ Staff Discount of 25% (on most Next merchandise)
▪ 25 days holiday entitlement (Increasing with service)
▪ Permanent Health Insurance
▪ On site Nursery
▪ Normal working hours will be 36 per week and will be from 9.00am to 5.00pm
Monday to Thursday (inclusive) and 9.00am to 4.45pm on Friday with a 45 minute unpaid lunch break each day. You may need to work reasonable additional hours to fulfill your duties.