We are looking for a creative and ambitious Market Research and Insight Manager to join us at University of the West of England, Bristol. We need someone who is experienced in delivering a broad range of Market Research and Insight projects and feels confident interpreting research needs and designing solutions for a large organisation.
We are looking for someone with experience of planning and delivering market research and insight projects within a large-scale organisation.
You will be an expert at:
- Market Research – you can give expert advice and guidance on market research and insight for the university.
- Planning – you can confidently interpret research needs and design solutions - collaborating closely with colleagues and stakeholders in Marketing, Business Intelligence, Student Experience, Planning and Recruitment. You must be able to manage priorities effectively by planning, implementing, and evaluating activity against the university’s strategic goals.
- Communication - you must have excellent communication skills and be able to present data and research outcomes to senior stakeholders across the University.
- Innovation – you spot opportunities to get value from our data and apply appropriate research methods.
- Collaboration – you can provide colleagues with the insight they need to meet their goals and collaborate across disciplines to tackle complex problems.
About the role
The Market Research and Insight Manager role sits within the Marketing team as part of the Future Students, Communications and Marketing Department at UWE, Bristol.
This role will work across the whole university to develop an understanding of our audiences and stakeholders. Helping refine and develop our portfolio and products through the provision of strategic direction to marketing campaigns and long-term planning.
This role uses a range of methods to achieve this - from social listening, horizon scanning and text mining, to surveys, co-design groups and interviews - with a budget that can be allocated to external agencies, or to purchase tools to conduct analysis in-house.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a friendly, focused team, working collaboratively and inclusively to ensure the success of all marketing and student recruitment activity across the university.
In addition to progressive pay rates, UWE Bristol offers a wide range of employee benefits including:
- A generous holiday allowance of 27 days pro rata
- Up to 12.5 bank holiday/closure days per year
- Hybrid working
- Excellent defined benefit pension schemes
- Access to employee assistance programme
- Ongoing learning and development opportunities
- Family friendly policies and wellbeing initiatives
- On-site nursery at our frenchay campus.
- Savings on purchases via wider wallet scheme
- Option to participate in the cycle to work scheme
About UWE Bristol:
We are one of the largest providers of Higher Education in the South West with 32,000 students, 250,000 alumni and 4,000 staff from across the globe. We are both globally connected and regionally embedded, with a strong network of employer and partner connections.
We have a lot to be proud of at UWE, our achievements include scoring above sector average for student satisfaction, we are ranked 36th in The Guardian Best UK Universities 2022 and 39th in the latest Times Higher Education 'Table of Tables'.
We are an ambitious and values led university. We're focused on solving future global challenges through outstanding learning, world-leading research and a culture of enterprise and we are looking for people who share our core values to help us achieve those aims.
With inclusivity as a core value, UWE Bristol recognises the power of a truly diverse university community. We support and celebrate the diversity of our staff and students as a key driver for innovation and success, promoting pathways and achievements to inspire and generate confidence and ambition.
This post is based at our lively Frenchay campus where we have invested in the latest facilities and resources to give both our staff and students access to everything they need to succeed – with £300m having been invested recently on new state-of-the-art learning spaces and accommodation while incredible new facilities continue to be developed to enhance our offer even further.
Frenchay campus has excellent transport links; as well as being located near the motorway network we are within walking distance of two train stations, our bus terminus connects us to the local bus and metrobus network and we also have a range of cycling and changing facilities, making our campus the ideal place to work for those commuting to Bristol.
If you would like an informal discussion about this opportunity, please contact Charlotte Hopes via email: Charlotte.Hopes@uwe.ac.uk
This is a permanent post and is full-time working 37 hours per week. UWE is operating a Hybrid working model giving employees the opportunity to work both on-campus and from home.
The University’s normal practice is that new appointments will be made at the starting point of the grade.
Add your individuality to ours
Proud to be part of a vibrant, multicultural city that celebrates diversity, we’re always on the lookout for talented people from all backgrounds to join us. Our people are our strength, and diversity enhances our creativity and leads to better decision-making and problem-solving. Bring your talent and ambition to our growing staff community of over 4,000 individuals and find yourself in a stimulating and supportive environment where you’ll thrive. Add your individuality to ours to help set us apart.
We particularly encourage applications from Black, Asian, Multiple Heritage or Other Minority Ethnic candidates as we are currently under-represented in these areas within UWE Bristol however all appointments are made strictly on individual merit.
We are unable to provide sponsorship for this role under the Home Office Skilled Worker visa route.
As we are unable to sponsor anyone requiring a visa for this role candidates must therefore be able to provide their own right to work in the UK.
Should you be shortlisted you will be asked to provide your right to work documents at your interview. Please refer to the Home Office Right to Work Checklist which provides details of which documents are acceptable.
Please note that UWE does not cover any visa or health surcharge costs.