Her Majesty’s Passport Office is a directorate of the Home Office. We are the sole issuer of UK passports and responsible for civil registration services for England and Wales through the General Register Office. Each year, we issue over 7 million UK passports and oversee the system of civil registration, including births, civil partnerships, marriages and deaths in England and Wales. A customer-facing organisation, we employ over 4000 people in a network of offices across the UK.
As a Customer Insight Manager, you will use your research and communication skills to champion the voice of HM Passport Office service users. Working with both in-house and agency resources, you’ll have the opportunity to use a range of pioneering research and data analysis methods to deliver customer and market insight. You’ll use those insights to guide strategic and tactical decision-making and ensure customer needs drive everything from product development to operational effectiveness. This will mean presenting your findings in an engaging and persuasive way to a variety of audiences, up to Director level, within both HM Passport Office and its partners.
With a background in a research setting, in either the private or the public sector, you’ll be ready to work in a fast-paced environment and deliver real change in our customer experience. You will have:
- experience of managing research projects, both large and small, determining key insights to inform target audiences
- excellent spoken, written and visual communication skills
- the ability to summarise large, complicated datasets for multiple audience types, often within short timescales
- the confidence to work with a range of stakeholders, including senior leaders
- an enquiring mind and a readiness to push forward our approaches
It would also be helpful to have
- knowledge of Excel, including data analysis and report creation and automation, including advanced formulas and pivot tables
- experience using other analytical tools, including statistical software such as SPSS
In return we offer extensive training and development, and structured career progression. Other benefits include access to a valuable civil service pension and flexible working arrangements.
Apply and further information
This vacancy is part of the Great Place to Work for Veterans initiative.
The Civil Service welcomes applications from people who have recently left prison or have an unspent conviction. Read more about prison leaver recruitment.
Once this job has closed, the job advert will no longer be available. You may want to save a copy for your records.
Contact point for applicants
Job contact :
Recruitment team :
If you feel that your application has not been treated in accordance with the recruitment principles, and wish to make a complaint, then you should contact in the first instance HORecruitment.GRS@cabinetoffice.gov.uk. If you are not satisfied with the response that you receive, then you can contact the Civil Service Commission