Human Made Machine was founded in 2015 and has experienced rapid growth by bridging the gap between ideas and data for clients all over the world. We champion remote-asynchronous working and operate globally across EMEA, NA and APAC with offices/hubs in London, Princeton, Mclean, and Geelong. We are entirely independent. We get under the skin of our client's business and marketing objectives by providing deep and relevant consumer insight on behaviours, habits, sentiments, and preferences which drives forward creative development, media strategy, planning, and optimisation.
Due to increased demand, we are now looking to expand and add an Associate Director to our growing research team in the UK. With this role we are looking to do something exciting and new by merging traditional qualitative research techniques with a quantitative assessment of users, allowing us to understand the underlying attitudes that drive behaviours.
Reporting to our EMEA Client Director you will be responsible for delivering quantitative and qualitative research which gets under the skin of our client's business and marketing objectives.
MANAGING – the provision of deep and relevant consumer insight on behaviours, habits, sentiments, and preferences.
DRIVING - forward creative development, media strategy, planning, and campaign optimisation for our client's marketing departments.
BUILDING - relationships amongst senior stakeholders both internally and externally.
INFLUENCING - the behaviours/actions of others with your expertise to support our team and our clients’ goals.
DELIVERING - efficiency through the effective utilisation of people and processes.
SUPPORTING - our growth by fostering new business opportunities.
LEADING - by example, supporting the growth of other members of the team and taking responsibility for the company's processes and products.
- Meet with clients and internal stakeholders to understand research needs in order to commission structured research projects.
- Assess and help to shape clients briefs, questioning whether or not the goal is specific, measurable, achievable and relevant.
- Carefully plan and structure research to answer strategic hypotheses. Identify the appropriate tools and techniques to execute robustly.
Typically research will be a mixture of quantitative and qualitative analysis including -
- Designing experiments to isolate and measure target variables
- writing and commissioning surveys
- Managing the recruitment of panellists and assessing the quality of the respondent data to ensure a robust and representative sample
- Using statistical techniques such as cluster analysis consumer sentiment analysis for brands and their campaigns through the use of social insight tools and/or open-ended survey analysis
- Manage and oversee the execution of projects and creation of high-quality outputs that provide context beyond the brief at hand.
- Deliver a strategic recommendation that helps to frame future goals and focus.
- Produce clear and concise written summaries and data visualisations that enable effective communication of project outputs via convincing storytelling.
- Develop your relationship with key clients and internal stakeholders. Demonstrate understanding of their requirements and areas of concern in your communication.
- Take ultimate responsibility for the quality of deliveries from the team. Identify lack of process/changes to process which affect quality.
- Actively promote accuracy and spot check work to identify where there are issues and that procedures are being followed.
- Facilitate process across practises and regions and keep the team abreast of changes.
- Support business growth by actively identifying new opportunities, developing materials and participating in pitches.
- Responsible for the smooth running of a large account.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- 7+ years experience in an analytically driven marketing role.
- A degree that demonstrates strong communication and analytical skills such as an applied quantitative field, social science, psychology or communication.
- Ability to write concise, direct and balanced surveys that will effectively generate a relevant and unbiased data set.
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to identify business questions, analyse data, draw conclusions, and develop actionable recommendations.
- Highly advanced Microsoft Excel skills and experience interrogating databases and systems using PostgreSQL, SQL and/or other tools to obtain answers.
- A knack for presenting complicated data in a way that cuts through the noise and allows the audience to focus on the underlying trends and insight.
- Strong organisational and project management skills.
- Established and professional communication and presentation.
You’ll stand out if you have:
Fluency in other languages, especially German, French or Japanese.
Experience assessing and using social analytics tools.
Experience using statistical techniques and/or programming languages such as R and Python
Experience using data management platforms.
What we can do for you
At Human Made Machine you'll enjoy working with a tight-knit team who are open, respectful and driven. We move fast to keep our competitive edge, making our work interesting and varied. You will have instant exposure to experienced engineers and analysts supporting your development. All while working with world-class marketing brands. We support each other as a team with shared values that keep us creative and effective.
Along with job satisfaction, we reward our team with:
- An attractive salary package benchmarked against industry standard.
- Generous company bonus scheme.
- Fully remote. Flexible working.
- 25 paid + 8 bank holidays days per year.
- Benefits including - enhanced maternity & paternity, employer pension & life insurance.
Human Made Machine is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees.