Market Research Advanced Analytics Manager
Boutique research consultancy seek an experienced research analyst to bring advanced analytics to the offer. They We explore how people feel, think and act in the media, entertainment and lifestyle sectors. We uncover the human stories that lie within, around and between the data, bringing clarity to the most complex problems.
They are a business full of instinctive and innate research people who are truly gifted at the difficult art of making the complicated simple. They excel at finding and expressing the narrative that reflects the voice of the consumer, audience or stakeholder with clarity and marketing nous. These skills allow them to occupy a consultancy positioning with their clients and as a result they continues to drive forward. You will be joining an established quantitative practice in an advanced analytics role but, of course, that can mean many things. For this role, it means being at the slightly wilder edge of data analysis and being involved in problems that involve exploration and application of multiple techniques before we align on the ideal solution. Often it will involve starting with a blank piece of paper and throwing many approaches at a problem before you find the one that can crack it wide open.
This might see you using SEM to figure out the underlying system behind a decision, using latent class modelling to essentially combine drivers analysis with segmentation or fusing data across many surveys to build a full picture of a market. It might also mean working with non-survey data to identify patterns and insight, then combining it or fusing it to survey data to figure out why the patterns are present.
There will be more bread-and-butter segmentations and driver analysis studies but the person for this role has to have the ability, curiosity and desire to go beyond the typical market research statistics.
- Leading the most advanced analytics elements of studies, from consulting with and questioning the research team and the client on their objectives then choosing and applying the techniques which best deliver against those objectives
- Working with more junior members of the team to push the analysis as far as it can go, finding and delivering the right solution while respecting both internal and external deadlines
- Explaining, reporting or presenting the most advanced elements of studies, ensuring the approach and insight is understood clearly and cleanly – simplifying the complex, essentially
- You’ll help us work on responses to clients’ briefs, particularly the more advanced elements, ensuring our proposals highlight our analytical capabilities while also remaining coherent, concise and compelling overall
- Managing and mentoring more junior team members, ensuring the high quality of their work and helping them in their progression
- Working with the Director of Advanced Analytics, you’ll also help to push us further as a company, identifying new techniques and approaches then working to ensure they become part of the toolkit across the entire company
- You should have a strong background in advanced data analysis within a market research environment or at least a very similar field. Ideally you’ll have worked within an agency for 3+ years, and be able to demonstrate a strong track record of using the most advanced techniques to directly address client objectives
- Be able to take a novel approach to situations, while being pragmatic and driven as required
- A genuine interest in the world around you - people, their behaviours and culture.
- A background in maths, statistical techniques or data science, with educational achievements to match
- Advanced and comprehensive knowledge of (and extensive experience of using) R and/or Python
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and powerfully on point.
- Strong eye for detail, consistently produces work to exacting standards.