Surveys and Reporting Manager
We are looking for a dynamic and creative manager to lead our team in delivering the annual national training survey (NTS).
The General Medical Council regulates medical education in the UK - the NTS is a well-established mechanism for capturing feedback from around 55,000 trainee doctors about their training posts. We also run a survey of trainers alongside it, to check whether trainers are receiving the support they need to fulfil their roles.
Working alongside the Survey Design Manager, you will lead a team of ten in delivering the smooth operational running of the survey, and of the processes for collecting data provided by medical schools, deans and royal colleges to the GMC.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- To ensure the national training survey is delivered on time, according to the milestones in the business plan
- Alongside the Survey Design Manager, lead the Surveys and Reporting Team, to ensure delivery of a complex operational work programme
- Create an environment that nurtures and empowers staff to work autonomously and make decisions, including trying out new approaches, and fulfilling their full potential
- To build and maintain systems for reporting survey results and findings, and other analytical reports where required, to meet the requirements of our internal or external stakeholders.
Essential skills and experience:
- The ability to lead, manage and motivate a team
- Ability to effectively manage the time of others and ensure team members are focussed on short- and long-term goals, adjusting priorities when needed
- Have experience in leading social research projects, particularly the delivery of surveys
- Be a confident verbal communicator. The ability to present information on complex issues clearly and succinctly for a range of different audiences is essential.
By working at the GMC, you will receive a generous pension scheme with a 15% employer contribution, private medical insurance and numerous discounts from eating out, travel and annual gym memberships.
We champion internal growth and development by providing great career opportunities to progress and advance. Working with your line manager, you’ll create a personal development plan to support you with enhancing your skills to hit your goals. We also offer coaching, workshops and online learning on everything from people manager essentials to managing your health and wellbeing.
The GMC strongly believes that diversity in backgrounds and experiences contributes to a broader perspective that consistently leads to us being a better regulator. We have made a public commitment to processes and procedures that are fair, objective, transparent and free from discrimination.
To find out more and apply online, please go to jobs.gmc-uk.org
The GMC is a charity registered in England and Wales (1089278) and Scotland (SC037750).
More searches like this
- Project Manager Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Manchester
- Qualitative Researcher Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Manchester
- Quantitative Researcher Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Manchester
- Research Manager Healthcare / Pharmaceuticals £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Manchester