Domestic & General’s purpose is to keep our customer’s world running by delivering an essential service that never lets them down. We are on an exciting journey, transforming our business in line with the Group’s Strategy outlined in an ambitious five-year plan.
Reporting into the Head of Customer Research, the Research Manager will support in managing the delivery of research projects; undertaking research design, data collection and analysis to produce insightful and stimulating reports.
This role would suit someone with ideally 3 years’ experience in a similar role, within a regulated environment. We are looking for someone who is able to communicate confidently, who is comfortable working in a fast-paced environment and understands the research process.
Location: Currently based working from home but in the future, we will expect presence in our Wimbledon Head Office (there may be times you can work from home).
Contract Type: Permanent
Hours: Monday to Friday, Full time (35 hours per week)
About the role:
- To support the Head of Customer Research in the design, set up and management of ad hoc research projects.
- To manage and facilitate ad hoc customer survey feedback activity through D&G’s current survey platform including (but not limited to) writing questionnaires, scoping and scripting ad hoc surveys, analysing datasets, developing reporting mechanisms and communicating findings.
- To commission and undertake strategic, operational and/or tactical quantitative and qualitative research as appropriate.
- To liaise and build relationships with external research partners ensuring D&G are utilising only suppliers that understand our business and demonstrate the appropriate skills and experience needed.
- Take responsibility for the Customer Research Team’s Research planner ensuring it includes all customer research activity to enable visibility of all planning, co-ordination and administration of customer research projects.
- Lead and facilitate all international continuous survey activity ensuring continuous measurement of our international claims experience.
To be successful in this role, you will have:
- Strong experience in a research professional role, we would consider both agency and client-side experience.
- Solid understanding of the full research process, as well as knowledge of survey platforms.
- Strong experience using Microsoft suite (Powerpoint, Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Strong analytical skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Research project planning experience.
- Customer focus and excellent stakeholder management skills.
- Confident communicator, across various levels and departments.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to multitask and deliver to deadlines.
- Experience using snap survey would be ideal however not essential (or experience of using other equivalent survey platforms).
In return, we offer:
- Competitive salary and discretionary bonus
- 25 days annual leave plus bank/public holidays, as well as an annual option to buy up to 5 additional days of annual leave
- Training opportunities as well as clearly defined career progression
- Health cash plan – employer funded cover to enable you to claim money back on essential healthcare costs, including dental, optical, physiotherapy and many more. Cover also includes unlimited access to a 24/7 virtual GP service
- Attractive company pension scheme
- Life assurance – employer funded cover of 4x basic salary
- Dedicated online benefit portal offering access to saving and lending facilities, financial wellbeing and support services:
- Salary Finance – access to savings and borrowing through payroll
- Car Leasing – access to a carbon neutral salary sacrifice car leasing scheme, with an all-inclusive monthly cost covering all charge, taxes, insurance, repairs and maintenance on a range of brand new vehicles
- Travel Loans – interest free loans to help spread the cost of annual travel tickets
- Cycle to Work – tax efficient bike and cycling equipment worth up to £1,000
- Health & Wellbeing – discounted gym membership, online virtual workout sessions, online culinary classes
- Employee Assistance Programme – specialist advice and support on issues such as finance, relationships, illness and family issues
- Free Domestic & General protection plan – one free plan each year with access to discounted rates of up to 50% on additional plans, including referrals for family and friends
- Employee discounts – access to discounted Sky TV and broadband packages, together with a range of discounts for 100s of online and high street retailers
Domestic & General are an equal opportunities employer, which means we treat people fairly. We view all applications equally, regardless of gender, colour, ethnic background, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or marital/family status. We also have a thorough referencing process, which includes credit and criminal record checks.
For over a hundred years, Domestic & General have been a trusted provider of aftercare for millions of domestic appliances. Today, we’re the UK’s leading provider of appliance breakdown protection, developing products and services to meet your needs.
We provide protection, maintenance and support for a broad range of domestic products and consumer electronics, ranging from televisions to washing machines to boilers.
We look after 23.9 million products and, through our expert service network, we repair or replace 2.9 million appliances every year*.
It’s our mission to keep your world running by delivering a service that never lets you down.