Research and Insight Manager
Merlin's Midway division is made up of short-visit attractions (that doesn't make them any less amazing than our Resort Theme Parks by the way) usually based in city centres or coastal locations. Attractions such as Madame Tussauds, SEA LIFE, LEGOLAND Discovery Centres the Dungeons, Shrek’s Adventure! London and the London Eye. So, strike a pose, take the plunge and build a beautiful career with us, if you dare!
Your job as Research and Insight Manager will be to champion best practice and lead our consumer insight agenda, tracking and reporting internal and external data to guide our attraction strategy and drive increased revenue across the board. With your acute eye for the detail you'll provide insight and in-depth analysis, reporting on key internal and external KPI’s, embedding findings and supporting action plans to ensure that our Management team has sight of key customer data, trends, and analysis. You will have to be extremely confident in your approach, as senior teams will rely on you for the data and your interpretation of what it actually means.
You will also support the business in building market / competitor consumer understanding and knowledge – from till data, touchscreens, online reviews, and other sources. You will be genuinely passionate about understanding trends and how to influence them. You’ll soon see your findings affecting decision making in attractions across the UK, developing pricing strategies and measuring their effectiveness.
You’ll be driving the annual and quarterly planning process alongside the Marketing Director, setting up key timelines and deliverables as well as monitoring execution of strategy, ensuring you liaise with key internal and external stakeholders along the way. Which of course will include members of the wider Merlin Insight team.
Whilst the numbers need to add up (and you'll be fastidious in ensuring they do) remember things don't stand still at Merlin so totting up numbers linked to penguins, clown fish, bubonic plague victims, Spiderman, The Hulk and LEGO pieces is par for the course. It’s a lot more interesting than widgets for sure.
This role will be fixed term, for 12 months. Typically, within business hours Monday – Friday, but some flexibility will be needed depending on key business deadlines.
- Extensive market research experience, including both quantitative and qualitative methodologies
- Commercially minded and experienced in interpreting multiple sources of data into meaningful information and actions
- Ability to consider data from a real guest perspective
- Skilled in presenting and explaining data and complex information
- Ability to communicate at all levels
- Self-motivated and results-focussed
- Ability to think creatively to achieve results through sometimes limited budgets
- Ideally, a background or experience within the Travel & Leisure / Entertainment
Your personal traits will include
- Naturally curious
- Ability to think creatively
- Team player
Got all that? Splendid - sounds like we are a good match.
What will we give in return?
- A competitive salary
- 33 days holiday including bank holidays
- 25% discount in our retail shops and restaurants
- 40% discount online off LEGO - unleash that master builder
- Group Personal Pension Plan
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Life Assurance
and YES - the rumour is true: Your very own Merlin Magic Pass - giving you more free tickets than you really need for all our attractions across the GLOBE!
AND the biggest benefit of all (other than the kudos with your mates when you say you work for Merlin) is the fantastic career opportunities. We are an expanding global company that has no end of diverse roles for someone with your marketing and analytical prowess. So, if ambition is another one of your personal traits we can give you exceptional opportunities to grow and develop
More searches like this
- Analyst Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Insight Manager/Director Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Planner Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Project Manager Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)
- Research Manager Travel & Hospitality £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in London (Central)