Would you like to take on a role that allows you to take ownership of your work, be creative in your approach and get rewarded for your contribution and commitment?
PROOF Insight, the home of data, insights, and analytics for C&C Group. PROOF’s Research & Insight is used to support planning for the future for our brands, our customers, our suppliers, and our colleagues, but most importantly it is used to shape how PROOF develops and innovates. PROOF Insight are currently seeking a creative, motivated and established Research Manager who will take leadership responsibilities for projects and ensure all stages from inception to completion are managed effectively. Our clients are global brands and household names across drinks.
This is a chance to join a forward-thinking, people-focused company where your career can flourish and have some fun along the way. You will have day-to-day responsibility for managing research projects and will need to demonstrate resilience and flexibility in your role. The challenge is around the complexity and variety of projects we handle - customer segmentation, conjoint studies, pricing analysis and new product development. We are looking for someone with an entrepreneurial approach to help develop and lead new research initiatives.
In the role, you will focus on developing strong client relationships (internal & external) and bring a commercial approach to help identify new business opportunities with our existing contacts. PROOF’s leadership team will be on hand to ensure that you receive all the support you need.
The Research Manager is accountable for the management, delivery and financial performance of the Research business unit within PROOF, while supporting the Managing Director and PROOF Leadership team in the growth and development of the team and the client base.
Core accountabilities include:
- Seeing projects through from briefing, proposal-writing, pitching, planning to implementation and delivery.
- Handling and running multiple projects simultaneously.
- Creating and taking responsibility for all research materials - questionnaire design, data specifications, presentations, workshops.
- Delivering projects on time and in line with the budget and client expectations.
- Maintaining excellent relations with clients and suppliers to maximise effective project execution.
- Developing and building relationships with specific accounts to expand the business.
- Supporting and leading on marketing initiatives/business planning.
- Manage C&C’s growing research agenda in both B2B and B2C with the Research Lead. Propose and respond to requests for research and analysis from both internal and external stakeholders to support business strategy and innovation.
- Support the Research Lead in conducting robust, evidence-based research in both quantitative and qualitative disciplines.
- Proactively lead the development of new proprietary sources and evaluation of external providers alongside PROOF’s Data & Analytics Manager.
- Build and maintain networks both internally and externally to keep abreast of developments within research and translate these into relevant applications within C&C.
- Become a recognised leader of research provision.
CONTACTS/ KEY RELATIONSHIPS & NATURE OF INFLUENCE
PROOF Insight – key day-to-day contact working alongside the rest of the PROOF team, assisting on projects and consulting on analytic and visualisation solutions
Influencing key stakeholder behaviour across C&C, Matthew Clark, Tennent’s, Bulmers & Bibendum through the development of sound insight and robust
All major customers & suppliers to whom PROOF deliver Research or Insight projects or solutions
KNOWLEDGE/ EXPERIENCE/ SKILLS
- Expert in understanding disparate pieces of data and drawing connections between them to build data-backed, commercially relevant arguments
- Extensive experience conducting primary quantitative and qualitative research
- Extensive experience working with continuous market/panel data (e.g. Nielsen), loyalty data (e.g. dunnhumby), and consumer data (quantitative and qualitative)
- Considerable experience presenting conclusions to senior stakeholders in a compelling and effective manner
- Experience managing and maintaining a consumer community/panel
- Experience building and/or working with a consumer segmentation model
- Ability to explain and defend the methodology used in the development of research projects
- Experience prioritizing competing demands, resolving conflict and obtaining buy-in from stakeholders
- Strong commercial awareness and knowledge of FMCG dynamics
- Experience reviewing and providing feedback on analysis in a structured and rigorous manner
- Experience of the drinks industry and/or a strong understanding of beer/wine/spirits (e.g. equivalent to WSET L2/3 for wine though qualification not necessary) is strongly preferred
- Experience leading a successful team and/or supporting skill development
PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS & EDUCATION
ESSENTIAL: Demonstrable hands-on experience of using consumer & market data to deliver commercial benefit to businesses. Broad experience of using commercial analytical techniques including (but not exclusive to): regression analysis, pareto analysis, CAGRs, standard deviations.
PREFERRED: Educated to degree level (preferably in a numerical/logical field), Certified member of the Market Research Society
TECHNICAL/ BEHAVIOURAL/ PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Advanced understanding of the value/limitations of varied qualitative and quantitative datasets and their applications
- Advanced quantitative/statistical analysis skills (Excel essential, other programs desired)
- Experience in qualitative research/analysis
- Effective communicator, in explaining tools, designing brief and presenting findings to colleagues, customers and suppliers
- Able to prioritise and balance and fast moving workload with a strong focus on broader commercial landscape
- Takes initiative, has new ideas and can deliver innovation and evolution with compromising on attention to detail, robustness or impact of existing workload