Senior Research Executive
YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 8 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviour. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
With a leaning in one of the Research Team’s 3 areas of focus (International, UK or Connected/Targeted research), you’ll be running and working on research projects on a whole host of topics for a wide range of clients, plus helping senior staff on delivering research for YouGov’s top-tier accounts. You’ll be supported by more junior researchers (across the team here in the UK and offshore) on some projects, so delegation skills are key. For role-holders who enjoy people management, this role can build towards line management. You will have support from Insight specialists and Research Managers on larger and complex projects.
The role relies on excellent communication and quant research skills; you’ll be working with other teams, researchers, and directly with clients to design and deliver research and reporting which hits the brief and is clear, unbiased and stands up to scrutiny (thanks to YouGov’s research’s amazing reputation for accuracy and integrity).
What will I be delivering?
- Costing, designing, running and delivering quantitative research projects across a range of sectors and audiences for clients, supporting senior staff on these activities with YouGov’s key accounts.
- Supporting Research Managers, Sales and Insight Team colleagues on delivery of projects for large, key strategic clients. Partnering with sector experts in our Insights Team to deliver Custom Research, creating proposals, research design, analysis and reporting.
- Joining (and helping to create or lead) client & project virtual teams (both within team and across other teams as necessary) to service larger projects and clients, or to be part of a key group with a method specialism
- Partnering with commercial team members to respond to and advise on speculative enquiries, interpreting client briefs and effectively writing proposals and costing of projects
Data analysis and reports/presentations – analysing and reporting on what the research shows, communicating this effectively to clients.
Mentoring, developing, supporting and delegating to junior researchers to help the team deliver our clients’ research needs. This role may lead to line management of junior researchers
Delegating and advising on research design/delivery, questionnaire scripting, coding and some reporting to more junior researchers and other colleagues overseas where applicable
Presenting and attending client meetings (kick-off meetings, debriefs etc.) and supporting commercial teams/meetings with research expertise
Quality checking of researcher output (designs, reports etc.), feeding training points back to managers where appropriate, deferring complex project issues to more senior team members as appropriate
Embracing YouGov’s project quality, scripting and analytic systems – helping to promote consistency of approach across the team in systems use, identifying and suggesting process efficiencies and suggestions for good practice wherever possible.
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- A track record of high-quality quantitative research design and delivery across multiple methods
- Commercial/research acumen (commercial success, troubleshooting etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Technical skills and qualifications
- Specialised survey design for analytics (e.g. NPS, max diff etc.)
- MRS Advanced Certificate or other research qualification/certification is preferred
- A drive to commercially succeed and solve clients’ problems
- Collaborative, positive and friendly attitude
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
What’s in it for me?
YouGov’s Research team works together and with other teams to produce research for organisations from many sectors. Across business, the media and the general public, YouGov’s research is a trusted source of information.
You will develop as a line manager while broadening your repertoire of existing research skills working across multi-sector over a variety of topics to deliver deep, connected Custom research solutions and market-leading Omnibus research.
It’s a busy, fun, hard-working team where the right candidate will see their leadership, management, commercial and research repertoire grow and develop