YouGov is an international research and data analytics group.
Our mission is to supply a continuous stream of accurate data and insight into what the world thinks, so that companies, governments and institutions can better serve the people and communities that sustain them.
We have the best data and the best tools. We continuously challenge conventional approaches to research, and we disrupt our industry to ensure that our clients always get the best solutions.
We are driven by a set of shared values. We are fast, fearless and innovative. We work diligently to get it right. We are guided by accuracy, ethics and proven methodologies. We trust each other and bring these values into everything that we do.
Each day, our highly engaged proprietary global panel of over 8 million people provides us with thousands of data points on consumer opinions, attitudes and behaviour. We combine this continuous stream of data with our research expertise to provide insights that enable intelligent decision-making and informed conversations.
With operations in the UK, North America, Mainland Europe, the Nordics, the Middle East and Asia Pacific, YouGov has one of the world’s largest research networks.
This key role will draw on a mix of people-management, commercial and quantitative research skills. You’ll be responsible for direct (and indirect) management, capacity, quality and output of sub-teams of researchers within the Research area, also designing, running and delivering a range of custom, omnibus, global, B2C and B2B research projects (including high value/complex projects), employing your personal specialisms where present.
The role relies on excellent communication skills; you’ll be working with other YouGov teams, researchers and clients to ensure the team’s research hits the brief and helps continue to build YouGov Research’s amazing reputation and media presence.
What will I be delivering?
- Developing and supporting others through line management of research team members
- Managing, mentoring and leading researchers to progress in their careers, partly through winning and growing clients through providing excellent client service
- Leading, joining and creating virtual teams (both within team and across other teams as necessary) to service and retain large accounts, develop technical enhancements to products and processes, or ensure continued viability and growth of products (e.g. B2B research teams, client teams, process teams etc.)
- Quality checking of researcher output (designs, reports etc.) and working closely with the Quality Consultant and other RMs to identify and deliver training in response to team and individual needs
- Costing, designing, running and delivering large, complex and high-profile quantitative research projects across a range of sectors and audiences (e.g. International, B2C, B2B etc.)
- Partnering with sector experts in our Insights Team to deliver Custom Research, helping to build project teams of researchers to deliver and report where required
- Leading and attending client meetings (kick-off meetings, debriefs etc.) and supporting commercial teams/meetings with research expertise
Demonstrated knowledge and experience
- A track record of high-quality quantitative research design and delivery across multiple methods
- Managing, developing and mentoring others
- Sector specialist experience (e.g. Financial Services, Consumer brands, Media, Not-for-profit/public sector etc
- Commercial/research acumen (commercial success, troubleshooting etc.)
- Excellent organisational skills and attention to detail
Technical skills and qualifications
- Quantitative research design and analytics (e.g. NPS, max diff etc.)
- MRS Advanced Certificate or other research qualification/certification is preferred
- Excellent people-management skills, with a passion for developing others
- Ability to deliver results, meet deadlines and manage time effectively
What’s in it for me?
YouGov’s Research team works together and with other teams to produce research for organisations from many sectors. Across business, the media and the general public, YouGov’s research is a trusted source of information.
You will get multi-sector experience, working with your team to deliver deep, connected Custom research solutions and market-leading Omnibus research.
It’s a busy, fun, hard-working team where the right candidate will see their leadership, management, commercial and research repertoire grow and develop.