Insight & Analytics Manager
2 days left
- Full Time
The Football Association (The FA) is the governing body of football in England. We are responsible for promoting and developing the game at all levels; from grass roots through to the professional game, The FA Cup and the England International teams, and has two core assets: Wembley Stadium and St George's Park.
As the Insight & Analytics Manager you will be part of the Behavioural Insight & Business Analytics (BIBA) team. The primary role of the BIBA team within The FA is to generate insight which inspires, informs and enables evidence-based decision making across the organisation.
As part of the BIBA team, the Insight & Analytics Manager is required to conduct both primary and secondary research and utilise analytical techniques on data collected / data held within the business to grow the organisations' knowledge of our industry and key audience groups. This in turn is able to influence the organisation to make accurate and confident decisions in order to effectively deliver our strategic priorities (see The FA's Strategic plan).
The role requires end-to-end management of all projects including hands-on design, deployment and analysis. Where required, the Insight & Analytics manager will also work with and manage external research agencies in delivery of projects.
In analysing primary research data and data held within the business, the Insight & Analytics Manager requires the necessary skills to conduct advanced analytics / statistical analysis techniques, working within agreed frameworks to meet business and stakeholder needs.
- Ensure a thorough understanding of The FA's Strategic plan to generate greater understanding and recommendations aligned to key strategic priorities.
- Lead and manage projects, with support from the Insight Officer where required. Specifically:
- Working with key stakeholders to understand strategic needs, creating research briefs and identifying existing data and insight of value
- Informing and conducting primary research carried out by The FA, further growing the knowledge base of the organisation
- Utilising analytical techniques to glean further insight from data collected via primary research and of data held within FA systems / across the business
- Collation and synthesis of existing data and insight to inform pertinent issues in The FA Strategy team and wider business
- Be a pro-active and valued member of the BIBA team, specifically:
- Communicating with others to understand and use their expertise - avoiding repetition of work and tasks
- Supporting other division team members with requests - proactively providing knowledge or resource when necessary
- Building awareness of wider business needs - challenging existing methods or suggesting new ways to tackle issues
- Always providing insight and not just information - adding something to correspondence, providing context around work never just the numbers, drawing on multiple sources (research, insights and analytics)
- Striving to deliver the most comprehensive reporting available with meaning
- Being brave and creative - thinking about new ways of presenting data and methodology which we can use, constructively challenge ourselves and each other, taking onboard / actioning feedback and continually learning from those around us
- The key accountabilities are comparable to a Senior Consultant / Senior Research Manager / Account Manager role in an agency setting.
What we are looking for
- Educated to degree level
- A proven track record delivering (end to end) multi-disciplinary research projects
- Excellent analytical skills, highly capable of interpreting data and third-party research reports
- Experience in advanced statistical analysis and data analytics e.g. conjoint, segmentations, drivers analysis, turf analysis, max diff etc.
- Experienced in producing automated, visual analytical solutions using interactive data visualisation tools e.g. Power BI
- Ensures consistency in outputs, with high quality data insights, maintained data integrity standard, and aligned to FA branding
- Tailors analytical output to seniority of audience
- Experience of managing projects individually and with the support of 3rd party agencies
- Experience of 3rd party agency tendering / procurement
- Track record of project management and leading project teams
- Comfortable working within teams as well as being able to work effectively autonomously
- Ability to manage cross functional projects with internal & external stakeholders
- Able to present work to SMT/Board level audiences and use communication skills to influence others point of view
- Knowledge of football / previous experience within the sport and event industry
- Experience of budget management
- Experience of online survey software (especially Decipher from FocusVision)
- Experience of app and web analytics and the software currently available to mine these types of data sets. Specifically, web and app analytic software such as Google Analytics and Talkwalker
The Football Association Group promotes inclusion and diversity, and welcomes applications from everyone. If you have any particular requirements in respect of the recruitment or interview process please mention this during your application.