Principal Customer Strategist
At 11:FS we see ourselves as the challenger team dedicated to helping banks and FS players transform themselves and the industry we love. For us this means rethinking what it takes to operate in financial services top to bottom to help our partners build and launch next generation digital propositions around the globe.
We truly live our values at 11:FS, and they are critical to your entire journey here. We are looking for our new colleagues to add to our culture, and this is as important as pure technical fit. As part of your interview process we’ll deep dive in our values and your beliefs. Everyone at 11:FS fits our 4 core values: Team, Attitude, Communication and Impact, and this remains at the core of our growth.
We are designing and launching new fintech startups for our clients and ourselves and treat every opportunity like a business, not a project. To do this we hire great people and get out of their way
Purpose of Role:
In this role you’ll be working in the heart of the dynamic and constantly evolving Fintech space. You’ll play a central role in defining, developing and launching services all around the world which fundamentally change the way that finance works. The research you lead will identify opportunities for us to design and build new financial services that serve currently unmet customer needs. Our ambition is to create new businesses which have the customer at their centre. You’ll be working directly alongside designers, developers and product managers to get new products and experiences into the market and into the hands of customers as quickly as possible.
In this role you will:
- Help financial services businesses identify new opportunities to build new digital financial services. This includes identifying the strategic market opportunity, designing new value propositions and working with designers and product people to create new products and brands.
- Draw on the latest thinking and techniques in user-centred design and design thinking, using a variety of different research methodologies.
- Apply Jobs to be Done thinking to identify underserved opportunities in the market to create differentiated, digitally native propositions.
- Direct and conduct end-to-end qualitative research including: recruitment, writing discussion guides and analysis. Develop our use of, and train others on, a range of techniques such as ethnographic research, depth interviews and co-creation through early adopter community building and demand testing.
- Direct and conduct quantitative research to validate the qualitative insights. This includes; writing questionnaires, creating sample plans and analysing data.
- Create inspiring ways to tell real human stories from the research.
- Work with designers and product managers to lead design sprints based on all the discovery work around the customer, the market and competitors.
- Work closely with our clients’ brand and design teams to create the foundations of a Minimum Lovable Brand (MLB) and ensure the product and brand are tightly woven around the customer.
- Shape the customer research and strategy propositions 11:FS offers to its clients.
- Support the growth of 11:FS by owning internal initiatives, winning new business and getting involved in marketing campaigns around your area of specialism.
As a Principal Customer Strategist, you will need:
- At least 10 years experience in research, product, customer experience or a design-related role.
- Experience managing and delivering qualitative research in early stage design projects, either for a startup or a consultancy. Experience managing and delivering quantitative research and comfort working with data would be an asset.
- Excellent client management skills with the ability to build strong trusted relationships.
- Strong commercial awareness that enables you to understand clients’ complex business problems, construct research-led project approaches, frame winning proposals and support 11:FS’s business development efforts.
- Confident leadership with the ability to run projects, workshops and training (both internally and externally).
- Comfort and enthusiasm for collaborating with diverse, multi-disciplinary teams in an agile environment.
- Good coaching and mentoring skills that enable you to lead and support more junior members of a team.
- An academic background in psychology, sociology, anthropology, design or a related subject, and/or a deep curiosity and an intuitive understanding of why and how people behave how they do.
- The ability to think in an integrated way, holding multiple concepts and tensions in your head and finding a path forward.
- Passion and curiosity about fintech, customer experience and the future of financial services. Strong opinions and expertise about how banking, payments, investments and insurance work and the future of financial services would be a big bonus.
- A positive attitude and outlook even when facing the most difficult challenges.
- A willingness and ability to travel and work on location in other countries for up to 25% of the time (when it is safe to do so).
- Discretionary bonus
- Flexible working
- New Mac laptop
- Private medical
- Pension - match up to 4%
- Income protection
- Life insurance
- Enhanced maternity, paternity & adoption leave
- Free eye test and contribution to eye wear for VDU
- Corporate gym membership
- Season ticket loan
- Birthdays off (or your childs if you prefer)
More searches like this
- Consultant Information Technology £100,000 or more jobs in London (Central)
- Qualitative Researcher Information Technology £100,000 or more jobs in London (Central)
- Quantitative Researcher Information Technology £100,000 or more jobs in London (Central)
- Research Manager Information Technology £100,000 or more jobs in London (Central)
- Strategist Information Technology £100,000 or more jobs in London (Central)