Research Manager, UK
Key skills: Client management and relationship building, project management of quantitative consumer research, data analysis and reporting
Experience: 2-3 years previous agency / consultancy experience
Topics include: Sustainability, reputation, consumer engagement and advocacy
Reporting into: Associate Director, UK
Details: Combination of office / home working (flexible)
Start date: As soon as possible
Are you keen to put your research skills to good use and contribute to a more sustainable and equitable world? Would you like to be part of a vibrant, global consultancy with a growing team across five continents?
We are looking for a Research Manager to join our UK team, with a focus on managing some of our high-profile public / consumer quantitative studies, while also being involved in the full range of our research and advisory work.
You will be working on a diverse range of projects – from interpreting attitudes and behaviours associated with sustainable and healthy living, to equipping companies with insight on how to take a positive role on social and environmental issues, to helping international NGOs understand and maximise their impact globally.
In this role you will:
• Take a leading role on multi-country quantitative studies from design to delivery, supported by collaborative and experienced team members
• Be responsible for client communications and management, helping to build accounts and foster relationships
• Work alongside experienced consultants to design approaches and build recommendations for leading global brands across a wide range of sectors, impacting their strategy, communications and purpose
• Gain experience of other approaches, including stakeholder research (both qualitative and quantitative), trends analysis, and sustainability consulting
• Varied day to day activities including managing fieldwork partners, analysis and interpretation of qualitative and quantitative data, report writing, presentations and workshops, and proposal writing
• You’ll report into one of our UK Associate Directors, who will guide you with career development and opportunities
We are looking for a team member with solid skills in quantitative research, who has the initiative and confidence to drive projects forward. This role will suit someone with a strong interest in social and environmental issues and how business can be a positive force in society, though professional experience in this area is not essential.
Key requirements are:
• 2 to 3 years’ experience of managing research programmes, with a focus primarily on quantitative public or consumer research (e.g., on social issues, brand and communications, reputation etc)
• A collaborative and proactive team player
• Demonstrable project management skills and strong attention to detail
• Confidence in analysing, interpreting and communicating findings from large datasets
• Clear and concise written communications; comfortable speaking in-person, via video conference and telephone
• Strong skills in MS PowerPoint and Excel • Fluency in English is essential; fluency/good grasp of additional languages is a bonus
GlobeScan is an international research and strategy consultancy, helping our clients better understand their reputation, navigate sustainability issues and create strategies and solutions to make a positive difference in the world.
Since our founding in 1987, we have worked with a wide range of leading global companies, multilateral organisations and NGOs. We are a committed team of experienced researchers and advisors, with offices in Cape Town, Hong Kong, London, Mumbai, Paris, San Francisco, São Paulo and Toronto.
GlobeScan is a certified B Corp (a global movement of people using business as a force for good), we are part employee-owned and driven by our purpose to build trusted leadership to create a better future. We are also a participant of the United Nations Global Compact.
GlobeScan is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive culture. In recruiting for our team, we welcome the unique contributions that you can bring, and all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration.
Salary and benefits
• Competitive salary based on experience
• Company bonus scheme, discretionary and dependent on the profits of the company – eligible after passing your probationary period
• Pension scheme
• A commitment to work-life balance and flexible office and home working
• Company-wide, 3-day annual retreat outside the UK
• Our London office is based in a vibrant co-working space in Covent Garden, with a calendar of exciting events open to all members (currently online!)
To apply: Send your CV and cover letter detailing why you’d like to work for GlobeScan and why you would be a good fit for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants must be eligible to work in the United Kingdom and ideally based near London.
Closing date for applications: Monday15th March