Senior Research Consultant
Rare: Group is looking for a proactive, tenacious and driven Senior Research Consultant with a keen eye for detail to lead on the commissioning, delivery and output of our client projects. Already an accomplished researcher and communicator, this is the perfect role for someone looking to take the next step in their research career.
Rare: Group is a consumer research and product development company. We help clients understand consumer problems with qualitative and quantitative data, and implement change with the development of digital products ready for launch. We have also developed our own proprietary brand and product testing products. We are completely self-funded and, with a pipeline bursting with ideas for the future, are in the envious position to invite every team member to challenge and shape our future, without restrictions from third party investors.
ABOUT THE TEAM:
We are a small team of researchers, technologists and engineers, marketing strategists and consultants but we’re quickly growing! We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business where no two days are ever the same. We offer flexible working and invest in training and support personal growth - so whatever you bring to the room (e.g. Heavy Metal, pottery skills, a passion
for food…) will be more than welcomed. Our office is based near London Bridge Station, however, the full team are all working remotely for the foreseeable future.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
It’s an exciting time for us, as we have built our own research product in BETA, as well as launched our Rare: Labs proposition, both to complement our research consultancy practice. Joining the research team, we are looking for someone to arrive into a senior position, ready to take the reins on complex projects with exciting clients, whilst also joining a programme of coaching and development to enable you to take responsibility for other team members when required.
With exceptional attention to detail, you’ll be a natural self-starter with the ability to deliver high quality proposals, research work and debrief sessions with clients. The ideal candidate will come from an agency background, displaying experience not just in high quality research, but also excellent client communication, account management and commercial sales experience.
Not only will you be a top quality researcher, the ability to spot opportunities, prioritise revenue growth and deliver projects on time and to budget is a must. You will report directly to the Research Director, and work closely with the wider research team.
CORE SKILLS & EXPERIENCES:
● Quantitative Research (Expert)
● Data Analysis (Expert)
● Qualitative Research (Moderate to Expert)
● Insight (Storytelling) ability
● Client and Account Management Skills
● Relationship building experience both internally and with external stakeholders
● Project Management Experience
● Commercial acumen, ability to deliver on target objectives
● Proposal writing
● Strong written and verbal communication skills essential - (including up to C-Suite)
● Ability to use Google Docs, Microsoft and SPSS (or equivalent)
● Self-starter mentality
● Thrive in a fast paced environment
● Entrepreneurial spirit
● Unparalleled attention to detail
● Enjoy taking responsibility
● Enjoy training & mentoring others
● Ability to plan and delegate both your own, and team members workload, and managing expectations of senior leaders
DESIRED (but not essential):
● Previous experience at managing teams and other researchers
● Experience in healthcare or pharmaceuticals preferable
● Ideally from an agency background
● Certified (CMRS) accreditation
Competitive salary + OTE commission (lots of it, if you’re good!)
Full time, permanent role
We are open to considering flexible working requests
£750/ year training bursary - do anything you like, we won’t ask!
Home / London based
Ideally suit someone looking to work in a start-up or SME/high growth environment!
If you are interested, get in touch at email@example.com - And if you know someone who could be perfect for the role, we love recommendations!