CLA simplifies copyright for content users and unlocks published content for professional use. Our aim is simple: to be the provider of choice for rights, content and licensing solutions.
Through a range of innovative technology and licensing services, we reduce complexity, time and costs for all types of organisations – from businesses to the public sector – so they can use the content they want, in the way that they want.
CLA is undergoing a period of rapid change. We are collaborating with customers and technology partners to develop new and innovative services and ways of working – and our culture and brand are evolving to support our ambition.
The Copyright Licensing Agency (CLA) is looking for an aspiring research professional for a 3-4 month, full time placement as a data analyst at our London Bridge offices. The role will provide an opportunity to apply your developing expertise to analysing and unlocking insights from a range of unique data sets and support qualitative research projects.
At CLA we deal with a wide range of data in different forms, from manually submitted spreadsheets to automated data from our products and platforms and our own primary research. The focus of this role will be to support the Head of insight to deliver a varied programme of insight at an important time for the business.
In return, you will get first-hand experience of how and data is used to support commercial objectives and evidence to show how your skills have solved business problems.
Reporting to the Head of Insight, you can expect to be working on both projects with set requirements as well as responding to requests from other teams and stakeholders around the business. This will include:
- Lead/support the Head of Insight in conducting qualitative and quantitative research projects
- Assess and analyse data and/or information to produce clear and high quality qualitative and quantitative evidence which can be used to inform decision-making both within CLA and by external stakeholders
- Design topic and interview guides for qualitative research
- Conduct challenging qualitative interviews with high calibre professional audiences.
- Write up research summaries for review by the Head of Insight
- Transform and combine data (often in Excel) ready for analysis
- Work with colleagues to identify opportunities and requirements for data analysis
- Data focused tasks such as helping segment customer audiences to improve product adoption
- Looking for ways to improve how we maintain and work with our data, anticipating future use
Insight and Business Intelligence:
- Think creatively to generate new solutions and make improvements to current processes
- Work with Business Intelligence software to create, maintain and enhance dashboards
- Sharing and transferring your knowledge and expertise with colleagues
The Candidate Will Have
We are seeking a bright and proactive research analyst with 1-2 years’ experience in a B2B or consumer organisation. The job holder will have intermediate excel skills (i.e. comfortable using excel to join combine, transform and analyse data), an interest in data manipulation, data-visualisation and combining quantitative and qualitative research approaches.
- Proficient in undertaking qualitative and quantitative research and analysis
- Strong communication skills, to technical and non-technical audiences through all media, including the ability to be impartial and delineate between evidence and assumptions
- Experience of working with range of stakeholders, building positive collaborative working relationships
- STEM, Data Analytics, Social Science or Computer Sciences undergraduates ideally; however, we are open to applications from other disciplines as well
- Excellent IT literacy; confident using Excel essential
- Understanding of data analysis principles, Business Intelligence (BI) software and its application
- Enthusiasm for sharing your expertise and skills with others
- Passionate about working with data
- Experience of working with Power Bi and DAX
- Able to demonstrate advanced Excel skills
- Experience of undertaking qualitative interviews and analysis using Nvivo or similar
What We Offer In Return
This is an entry level role and we are committed to your development in this role so that you are able to progress towards your own goals. We offer a salary of £22,000 per annum, pro rata + benefits.
To apply in confidence please send your full CV, along with a covering letter detailing how you meet the key skills and criteria for the role, to Bethany Harrison at firstname.lastname@example.org