Qualitative Research Manager
We are Cosmos. We deliver engagement programmes for young people alongside meaningful research projects, to empower positive long-term change in the education sector.
We are at an exciting phase of growth and are looking for an experienced and enthusiastic Research Manager to join our friendly team to help support this next phase and the future of our business.
Our vision? To be the leading provider of positive outcomes and social change.
“Our culture is driven by freedom. Freedom to be creative, to deliver original outputs in a vibrant environment. We care deeply about our work and are invested in its many positive outcomes. Our accomplished yet human approach helps us deliver meaningful change.”
We specialise in delivering youth and student research for the Higher Education sector. However, this focus may shift in line with the development of the company’s strategic direction.
We also work with public, private and education sectors to deliver initiatives and training that help to improve the life chances, social mobility and experiences of young people / adults within the social care and education sectors.
For more information on the work that we do, please visit cosmosltd.uk
Qualitative Research Manager: Description & Profile
The job purpose
To oversee, lead on and deliver a series of research and/or impact evaluation programmes; predominantly in Higher Education / Public Sector environments along with other emerging or potential markets that may be targeted by Cosmos Engagement Ltd.
General project management
- Oversee, lead on and deliver a number of Research & Evaluation projects.
- Develop, communicate and adhere to effective and achievable project timings, amending if necessary.
- Ensure all project requirements are delivered to timings and to an exceptionally high standard.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with clients and ensure needs are fully met.
- Liaise with clients in universities, schools and colleges via. 1:1 meetings, email or telephone to ensure effective working relationships between Cosmos Engagement Ltd and their clients; on a regular basis and to identify potential new business opportunities as they arise.
Methods & Practice
- Conduct research and evaluation projects, using a variety of agreed methodologies (mainly qualitative, with the inclusion of quantitative methods), in schools, colleges, universities and potential public locations; to obtain data in line with the overarching project objectives.
- Conduct primary research using mainly qualitative methods, including discussion groups, 1:1 interviews, tele-depths and vox pops.
- Manage projects from inception to completion, including recruitment, fieldwork, analysis and reporting
- Conduct literature reviews and secondary analysis using data from a range of sources, by analysing and synthesising data into actionable insights/summaries.
- Support delivery of quantitative projects, as and when required
Reporting & outputs
- Create and deliver accurate and meaningful insights to clients in line with research objectives
- Lead the creation of high-quality reports and outputs, with support from Junior/Senior researchers.
- Lead in presentations to clients.
- Line management of Junior/Senior Researchers, managing their workload, development and training.
- Manage and liaise with Cosmos Research Associates – ensure that key deadlines are met and their work stream is managed.
- Deliver internal training and knowledge sharing sessions on areas of expertise, to the benefit of colleagues.
- Communicate with Directors and other team members by face to face, phone or email to keep up to date with business activities, discuss direction and any issues arising.
- Look for opportunities to up-sell and develop our offerings to meet clients’ (or potential client’s) current and/or future needs.
- Support the Director in writing of proposals.
- Using Cosmos Engagement Ltd systems, complete monthly expense forms for authorisation to allow costs to be monitored.
Public Sector and Higher Education markets are complex to work within. The Research Manager is required to understand and appreciate the complexities, and work alongside clients and Cosmos Engagement Directors to agree solutions and satisfactorily complete research/evaluation programmes.
£27,000 - £31,999
Company benefits & working environment
As an ambitious and thriving SME we believe there are many benefits to working in our company, these include;
- a varied role, with the opportunity to be involved in a range of internal and client projects
- involvement and influence over key company decisions
- scope to innovate, to help us offer the best products & solutions for our clients
- personable ‘family’ culture – you won’t be treated like a number!
- when we say flexible working, we mean it!
- Flexible working
- Employee pension contributions
- Additional day off for Christmas Shopping
- Refreshments provided, free of charge
- Work from home Fridays
- Paid parental leave (after successful completion of probation period)
- Access to training & development
- On site café & licensed bar
We are proud to be based at Castleton Mill in Leeds, a modern, spacious & community focussed office suite. The job will be based in our Leeds offices, with partial working from home. This will be reviewed regularly in line with changing regulations and updates on the pandemic.
Please contact Sarah ahead of applying if you want to discuss home working arrangements further.
COVID – 19
Our staff are our most valuable asset, as such we have completed an extensive COVID risk assessment and COVID safety measures have been implemented to ensure staff safety whilst in the office.
Education, Knowledge and Experience
- Degree with a minimum of 2:1
- Desirable; degree in Research related discipline
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in a research and /or evaluation related role carrying out qualitative research methods. Experience working with the public sector and/or knowledge of the education sector, desirable but not essential
- 2 to 3 years demonstrable experience of managing multiple projects, ensuring deadlines are agreed and met to the clients’ satisfaction
- 2 to 3 years demonstrable experience of triangulating data from a variety of sources (quant. and qual.), interpreting and presenting the findings/outcomes and making appropriate recommendations
- Experience of managing junior staff members and their workloads
- Experience of delivering presentations to multiple audiences and stakeholders
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite
- Demonstrable IT skills
To apply ….
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with a covering note included in the email.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Apply for Qualitative Research Manager
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly