Consultants in social research and policy x 2
We are currently recruiting for two consultants to join our London team.
We are looking for people with solid quantitative and qualitative experience good with data and interested in shaping social policy and who share our values and commitment to transforming people’s lives.
Established in 2001, we are a values-led organisation, working with our clients to help them deliver sustainable change to services that address inequalities and transform peoples’ lives. Increasingly our work spans many sectors, but we specialise in employment, education and skills, health and social care, poverty and housing and the charity sector.
We are also developing significant expertise in gender research and evaluation, the role of assistive technology, peer research, young people and understanding the impact of Covid-19 and helping clients to develop strategies and responses.
No day is the same at Rocket Science. Our portfolio of work is incredibly diverse and interesting, some of it at the vanguard of rethinking services and working with people and communities in different ways. We have specific expertise in research and analysis, service design and evaluation, and organisational and strategy development and review. At the heart of our work is helping our clients deliver the best outcomes for the people they help.
We have a strong commitment to developing and supporting our people and you will be joining a high performing, supportive and engaging team. We have been awarded Investors in People Gold and Investors in Young People Gold, accredited as a Real Living Wage employer, and we are a Mindful employer.
We expect one consultant to have at least one year's experience and looking to develop their skills and interest. For the other role we are looking for people with 2-3 years experience who are ambitious and want to grow with potential to get to a Senior Consultant role within 12-18 months.
Key areas of responsibility
To undertake research/policy work, including:
- content and data analysis; analysing and interpreting policy, legislation, statistics and other information; identifying good and bad practice; and forecasting trends and future developments
- to help with the development of ideas, products and services on behalf of Rocket Science and/or its clients and in the context, where appropriate, of different public policy initiatives ·
- to contribute to the production of proposals, reports and briefings in appropriate forms which may include newsletters, articles, letters and mailings, in paper and electronic form
- to undertake other duties and tasks appropriate to the post as may be required from time to time.
Skills and experience
The person we are looking for is likely to have completed a relevant degree, have 1 or more years’ experience in a relevant field, will be expected to have: ·
- An understanding of the public policy context in the UK including experience working in a relevant field ·
- Insights into employability, education, health, social care, or housing related research preferably with experience in one or more fields ·
- Evidence of strong written communication: ability to clearly articulate a story by bringing together evidence from a range of sources (primary and secondary sources) about complex policy issues
- Evidence of strong data analysis skills including advanced Excel and graphical presentation of patterns and trends ·
- Evidence of effective oral communication including some of the following: group facilitation, presentation, contribution to meetings (internal and external), interviewing (telephone and face-to-face) and running focus groups ·
- Ability to work independently and initiate, plan and prioritise workloads and meet deadlines ·
- Ability to think creatively and offer ideas in designing our approach to tasks ·
- Ability to make positive contributions to internal and external teams · Understanding of how to use IT effectively and appreciate the potential of IT-based solutions and tools to enhance our services to clients.
The way we work
Our values guide the way we work and the way we develop as a company. Rocket Science consultants should behave in ways that are consistent with these values. ·
- Integrity. One of our greatest values to clients is their confidence in our integrity in all our dealings with them and with those that they work with. ·
- Making a difference. We have a strong commitment to making a real difference in everything we do; helping clients and other practitioners to achieve their objectives and build their own capacity for excellence. ·
- Social justice. We work with clients who are committed to contributing to social justice throughout society by supporting the most disadvantaged people to have positive and satisfying life chances through guidance, information, sharing learning and creating access to sustainable and satisfying work. ·
- Learning and sharing. We are an innovative and creative company with a strong commitment to learning and developing new approaches and sharing these generously with our clients. ·
- Fun: We really enjoy working together and working with clients we respect. We know we work best when we enjoy what we do. ·
- Empowering: We are committed to creating the right conditions for transferring skills and knowledge within Rocket Science and to clients and communities, creating lasting value for our clients and developing our own people.
How to apply
- Please send a covering letter (no more than two pages) explaining how your experience makes you suitable for the role, and the contribution you could make to Rocket Science, with your CV and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please also include the names of two referees, including, if applicable, your most recent or last employer. Please note that referees will not be approached without your prior knowledge, and only following a successful application and interview.
- Closing date for applications:Monday 7th September at midday. We plan to hold virtual interviews for shortlisted candidates on Friday 11th September
If you would like an informal discussion about these roles, please contact Caroline Masundire at email@example.com or on 07910 062429
Rocket Science operates an equal opportunities policy and will appoint solely on the basis of the applicant’s ability to do the job in question. We do not discriminate with reference to age, gender, sexual orientation, race, colour, religion, marital status or disability, nor will such factors play any part in decisions on appointment or selection.
More searches like this
- Consultant Youth and Kids £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Graduate Researcher Youth and Kids £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Qualitative Researcher Youth and Kids £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Quantitative Researcher Youth and Kids £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)
- Senior Research Executive Youth and Kids £30,000 - £39,999 jobs in London (Greater)