Rare: Group is looking for a proactive, autonomous and agile Research Director to lead our research output and help shape our research offering in the next phase of our growth. This is the perfect role for someone looking to evolve and establish their leadership skills, as well as have influence in an organisation.
Rare: Group is a consumer research and product development company. We help clients understand consumer problems with qualitative and quantitative data, and implement change with the development of digital products ready for launch. We have also developed our own proprietary brand and product testing products. We are completely self-funded and, with a pipeline bursting with ideas for the future, are in the envious position to invite every team member to challenge and shape our future, without restrictions from third party investors.
ABOUT THE TEAM
We are a small team of researchers, technologists and engineers, marketing strategists and consultants but we’re quickly growing! We are a fast-paced, entrepreneurial business where no two days are ever the same. We offer flexible working and invest in training and support personal growth - so whatever you bring to the room (e.g. Heavy Metal, pottery skills, a passion for food…) will be more than welcomed. Our office is based near London Bridge Station, however, the full team are all working remotely for the foreseeable future.
ABOUT THE ROLE
It’s an exciting time for us, as we have built our own research product in BETA, as well as launched our Rare: Labs proposition, both to complement our research consultancy practice. Joining the leadership team, we are looking for someone to oversee our research output across the organisation, as well as having one eye on the future of where we can take our own technology. With responsibility for all client research projects, you will have a hands-on approach, helping us to deliver high quality output, as well coaching the Research Team and finding new opportunities with client accounts and overall business growth.
With acute business acumen, you’ll be a dynamic problem solver who has the ability to spot and prioritise profit driving initiatives, as well as taking responsibility for ensuring projects are delivered on time and to budget. You will support in identifying and implementing process improvements. Familiar with high-growth businesses, you’ll not only provide discipline around delivering high quality output, but will be flexible to a fast-paced environment. You will report directly to the company Founder, and work closely with the Senior Research and Product Development Team.
An experienced line manager, you will be confident in assigning day-to-day team work and reviewing performance. As a strong communicator who can work closely with/and develop productive relationships across all disciplines, you will bridge the gap between the Research Team and the wider business.
We are looking for someone with professional experience who is looking to grow in autonomy and responsibility. This is a fantastic role for someone who is looking to step-up and have influence within a company.
- Client Management skills
- Project management
- Commercial acumen, ability to report and deliver to targets
- Budget handling
- Proposal writing
- Strong communication skills essential
- Background driving quantitative data research and analysis projects
- Background in qualitative research project management
- Ability to use Google Docs, Microsoft and SPSS (or equivalent)
- Proven experience in successfully managing and growing existing client accounts
- Experience leading teams
- Ability to plan and delegate work, managing expectations of senior leaders
- A natural leader with the ability to provide clarity, whilst leading from the front
- A problem solver with excellent communication skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with a core team and partners
- A curious personality with ability to tell stories with data
- Experience in working in media, product and brand research
- Experience of managing multiple projects at the same time
- It is desirable that you have experience working with digital product development teams
- It is desirable that you have experience in healthcare, retail and media
Competitive salary & New business commission
£750/ year training bursary - do anything you like, we won’t ask!
Home / London based
Ideally suit someone that has worked in a start-up or SME/high growth environment!
If you are interested, click apply - And if you know someone who could be perfect for the role, we love recommendations!