Market Research & Business Intelligence Analyst
The role reports to the Head of Strategy and Performance and is to provide insight, assurance and management of key information and data, ensuring success and credibility for the programme. The post holder will act as a business partner across the organisation, coordinating customer / market trends, working with own and wider directorate colleagues to maintain and update the NHSBSA SWOT and PESTLE analysis.
The post holder will be accountable for:
1. Using knowledge of existing health and care markets and use this to inform NHSBSA landscape assessments
2. Working across the NHSBSA and wider system as appropriate develop and maintain robust landscape assessments
3. Working with colleagues and key stakeholders to gain access to market research and business intelligence to inform strategy and planning
4. Providing constructive challenge and insight to ensure colleagues are aware of market and industry changes including competitors
5. Searching, identifying and evaluating new sources of information to inform the business market research and business intelligence model
6. Being aware of, and responding to, developments affecting the NHS and wider system: understanding the implications for the NHSBSA
7. Creating and updating comprehensive industry, competitor and customer models including, but not limited to, market share, growth projections and trends, and market forces.
8. Demonstrating flexible matrix working such that your skills and experience are utilised to maximum benefit for the organisation and individuals.
9. Developing a market research and business intelligence model, ensuring customers insights are part of this
10. Providing clear insights articulating and using customer data and insights to inform market research and business intelligence
11. Providing clear insights, articulating who NHSBSA competing companies, competitors and markets are
12. Identifying and collecting appropriate customer, competitor, market, economic, financial and/or operational data.
13. Performing financial, statistical, and qualitative data analysis of markets and competitors.
14. Translating data and information into executable and effective market and intelligence reports.
15. Providing market and competitive insights through training, presentations and reports to the Executive Leadership Team and various internal management teams to allow effective strategic and tactical decision-making and implementation.
16. Supplying the market and competitive intelligence component of strategic planning, and proactively makes recommendations to management concerning key intelligence items that require further consideration.
17. Maintaining up-to-date knowledge of data sources, evaluating their credibility and potential utility, and leverages them across the company where appropriate.
18. Developing and maintains relationships with key internal customers and external networks to identify emerging needs and business challenges.
19. Working with internal business customers to enhance their use of strategic analysis and market and competitor intelligence—collaborates internally to ensure intelligence is shared with appropriate groups and individuals.
20. Maintaining an in-depth knowledge of designated markets and trends through reading reports, market research, data manipulation and financial modelling and analysis.
21. Responsible for reading and or alerting the organisation to relevant industry reports, information etc.
In addition to the above accountabilities, as post holder you are expected to:
Undertake additional duties and responsibilities in line with the overall purpose of your role and as agreed by your line manager.
Demonstrate NHSBSA values and core capabilities in all aspects of your work.
Foster an environment where your own and colleagues’ safety and well-being is promoted.
Contribute to a culture which values diversity and inclusion.
Comply with NHSBSA policies, procedures and protocols as they apply to your role.
Working relationships Responsible to:
Head of Strategy & Performance
Key relationships and connections:
Staff at all levels within NHSBSA
Other relevant external bodies
More searches like this
- Analyst Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Insight Manager/Director Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Qualitative Researcher Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Quantitative Researcher Public Sector £40,000 - £49,999 jobs in Newcastle Upon Tyne