Research and Insight Manager
4 days left
- Full Time
About the Job
The role will sit within BSIs Research & Intelligence team. The team is an in-house research consultancy, conducting research for H. M. Government and private sector clients and in support of BSI’s strategic and operational delivery. The role offers the opportunity to work on a truly diverse range of projects covering every industry and cutting-edge technology.
The team conduct both primary and secondary research for a range of internal and external government and private sector clients.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
The post will require the skills to:
- Conduct high-quality, qualitative research in support of externally funded projects.
- Conduct strategic research and provide business-led recommendations in support of the evolution of divisional content, services and solutions diversification agenda.
- Provide consultancy and lead all research in relation to Knowledge Labs. Working closely with the Labs team to develop research to validate new digital product features.
- Manage the Knowledge Solutions Customer Panel, ensuring it meets user’s evolving needs.
- Establish cross-divisional relationships to ensure that research projects are based on, and contextualised within, latent market and sector knowledge.
- Deliver clear and cogent reports summarizing key findings, and making resonant strategic and tactical recommendations to clients, both internal and external.
- Conduct evaluation and impact assessment of commissioned standards strategy and other high profile standards projects.
- Provide research consultancy, training and mentoring as required across the division in support of capacity-building.
- Distil the key commercial insights from stakeholder research projects and the communication and dissemination of research insight across the division and Global as relevant.
This post sits within BSI Knowledge Solutions & Services, the standards publishing division of BSI. The division is going through transformational business change. We are in the process of moving to customer-focused ‘digital first’ integrated workflow tools, and developing a number of value-add advisory services.
The post will conduct and deliver externally funded research projects commissioned by external sponsors. It is anticipated that the majority of research projects will be conducted in support of Innovate UK funded projects and those related to HM Government’s Industrial Strategy. These projects will require in-depth market and needs analysis within areas of emergent technology in order to identify the required standards strategies required to support growth of these areas. The post will also be required to support the impact assessment of these projects over time.
In addition the role will deliver in-depth market and industry sector research projects in support of divisional strategic development.
The role will provide an interesting and varied workload including conducting research and analysis across a range of areas of emergent technology and innovation.
BSI (British Standards Institution) is the National Standards Body in the UK. For more than a century we have been helping organizations embed excellence into the way people and products work. That means showing businesses how to improve performance, reduce risk and achieve sustainable growth. We are a global leader in helping organizations improve; our clients range from high profile brands to small, local companies in 150 countries worldwide.
We’ve been shaping standards for more than 100 years. We currently participate in over 7,000 standards projects worldwide, working with committees of experts, government bodies, trade associations and consumer groups to capture best practice and structure the knowledge all organizations need to succeed.
What we offer
We offer a highly competitive starting salary with 27 days annual leave with the opportunity to increase this to 30 days, company-paid private medical insurance, an excellent company-contributed pension scheme, and a wide range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your life-style. Plus, as we’re situated just above Gunnersbury Tube station it makes for a really easy commute, or you can use the free on-site parking if you’d prefer to drive.
Knowledge and Experience
- At least 5 years’ experience of working within a market research agency or related consultancy services organisation. Some of this time must have been spent conducting business to business research for commercial clients.
- Involvement in the end to end research process (i.e. proposal writing to reporting).
- Qualitative research specialist
- Ability to draft high quality discussion guides.
- Experience of managing projects within budget and to required deadlines.
- Experience of conducting multiple projects at any one time.
Skills and Abilities
- Outstanding project management skills.
- Confidence to represent market research and ‘the customer’ within meetings.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- The ability to influence and negotiate and to reach consensus where there are differing viewpoints.
- Ability to work with cross-functional/matrix management teams.