Purpose of the role:
Working as part of the Strategy & Insights team the Insights Manager will have a pivotal role managing a small team of insights specialists to deliver an ambitious programme of insight generation and dissemination.
The Insights Manager will work with the team and the Head of Strategy & Insights to deliver a research, data and insights programme to best meet the direction and needs of Tourism Ireland management, our market colleagues and our external stakeholders. The programme will include up to date reporting of volume and value statistics to the island of Ireland and evaluation of the island of Ireland tourism brand position.
The job holder will have an instrumental role in the communication of insights within Tourism Ireland and across our stakeholder community.
Note: This role will involve some travel and work outside normal business hours.
The Duties - Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
- Reporting to the Head of Strategy & Insights, manage a sub-team of the Strategy & Insights department to effectively deliver against the team and organisations goals – set in our annual Business Plans and tri-annual Corporate Plans
- Motivate, develop and oversee the team effectively
- Design an annual research and data generation plan with the team and Head of Strategy & Insights and manage delivery of the plan throughout the year considering evolving organisational priorities
- Work with the team to deliver the plan including but not limited to:
- Working with internal and external stakeholders to fully scope the research requirement
- Developing effective research briefs and executing appropriate commissioning of research
- Managing research providers including inputting and agreeing methodologies, research materials and detail of approach
- Monitoring progress
- Working with the agency to achieve the ‘so what’ from the research and generate the true messages of use to the organisation
- Effectively communicate new knowledge within Tourism Ireland and as appropriate to our stakeholders
- Oversee the required research to support the Tourism Brand Ireland brand including:
- Tracking the brand position of Ireland and Northern Ireland, including the purchase funnel
- Working with our digital teams to maximise corporate data solutions to build the full picture of the brands success
- Commissioning advertising and communication effectiveness studies, monitoring and any research required to inform the future development of campaigns
- Deliver Tourism Ireland’s role in creating the island of Ireland’s tourism statistics, working with partners to improve the data collection and continually improving the internal and external dissemination, understanding and use of this information.
- Working with the wider team to achieve effective communication of our research knowledge around Tourism Ireland’s management, market colleagues and sponsor Departments; and liaising with Corporate & Industry Communications in communicating this information to our external stakeholders in the tourism sector.
- Input to the business planning, corporate planning and market review processes in cooperation with the wider Strategy & Insights team.
- Within the areas of responsibility ensure adherence to the company’s GDPR compliance policies and procedures.
- The post holder will also be required to represent Tourism Ireland at various industry and corporate functions and events.
Such other duties as the company may from time to time reasonably require.
For the Personal Specification, and for further information and to download the application supporting document and role profile, please visit www.tourismireland.com/About-Us/Careers or download the application from the link.
Completed applications and CV’s should be forwarded to Jennie Devlin at email@example.com
Screening is by CV along with the attached application supporting document.
CLOSING DATE for receipt of applications is 12:00 (GMT) on Tuesday, 16th April 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
More searches like this
- Analyst Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Coleraine
- Insight Manager/Director Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Coleraine
- Project Manager Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Coleraine
- Research Manager Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Coleraine
- Strategist Travel & Hospitality £50,000 - £59,999 jobs in Coleraine