BARB is looking for a Research Manager to join our small team that manages the UK’s television audience measurement service. The role reports to the Research Director and has the support of a Research co-ordinator.
BARB provides TV viewing data to broadcasters, advertising and media agencies, advertisers, and others. The Research Manager is a key link between BARB’s clients, stakeholders and its research contractors in maintaining the quality of the service and in helping to drive future development.
The main features of the role are:
- Working with BARB’s research contractors to maintain the accuracy and integrity of the data;
- Assisting with the specification and testing of new developments or research methods, to ensure that the service keeps up with the changing needs of the industry;
- Analysing BARB’s output, reconciling queries about data, and providing technical guidance to users;
- Managing ad hoc research projects to improve or augment BARB’s measurement service.
This position requires quantitative research skills of the highest standard. The successful candidate is likely to have several years research experience, ideally in a media environment, and ideally most of the following attributes:
- A thorough understanding of quantitative research methods;
- A high level of numeracy and analytical ability;
- Attention to detail;
- Experience of using systems for analysing media audience data;
- A good understanding of the context in which BARB data is used within the industry;
- Discretion and sensitivity, allied with the ability to take an independent view;
- Effective communication skills.
- A degree or similar qualification.
How you can join us…………
If BARB sounds like a great fit for you, please get in touch (firstname.lastname@example.org). Send your CV along with a covering e-mail including:
- Why you are interested in the role
- Specifics about the research you have done and that you think is relevant to the role
- What methodologies you are experienced in.
Deadline is Friday 5th April, 2019