Senior Research Executive
Please note this position is a 12 month maternity cover.
Main Purpose of Job
Tourism Consumer Insights is the full-service, third party independent tourism market research team of STR.
The Senior Research Executive is responsible for the set up and delivery of market research projects.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities
Market Research Projects
- Design effective approaches and methodologies to undertake market research projects to address client research objectives
- Oversee the execution of research projects to ensure smooth set up, implementation and delivery of services and high client satisfaction
- Lead on all stages of research projects, including sampling, questionnaire design, analysis and reporting, with a key focus on reporting and disseminating findings in compelling ways for maximum client impact
- Liaise with colleagues and delegate tasks to assist in the delivery of research projects
- Liaise and manage relationships with sub-contractors and partners to assist in the delivery of research projects
Communicate regularly with colleagues to manage priorities and schedules and ensure clear understanding of project progress and deliverables
- Work closely with a team of in-house researchers as well as external contacts, including fieldwork companies and other suppliers.
System & Process Management
- Understand and analyse the effectiveness of existing research systems and processes and communicating appropriate recommendations to management.
- Understanding internal processes and systems and driving quality and efficiency improvements.
Take responsibility for the development of new and improved research systems and processes.
- Identifying and pursuing new opportunities for the team, including compiling proposals, managing client relationships and moving forward other business development activities.
- Lead on proposals and tenders, including designing methodologies, costing as well as creating and writing submission documents and undertaking client pitches / presentations.
- Proactively input in to the development and execution of sales, marketing and product development strategies and activities.
Lead on projects and initiatives working with colleagues in other offices to develop new opportunities.
Collaborating with other STR colleagues in offices around the world and inputting in to Tourism Consumer Insights or other departmental or company-wide initiatives and projects.
- Establish strong relationships with clients during and after research project delivery, including initiating discussions via email, telephone or face to face meetings regarding new and future research needs.
- Maintain in depth knowledge of previous and existing projects to inform clients’ decisions on effective research projects.
Constantly seek to improve and build client relationships.
Specific Job Competencies
Knowledge of research methods and techniques, including questionnaire design, focus group moderation, depth interviewing, statistical analysis and qualitative analysis and research report writing and presentations.
Creative, innovative and analytical. Strong confidence in using and manipulating qualitative and quantitative data.
Capable of identifying creative solutions to assist in project delivery, generate new business or improve efficiencies.
Attention to Detail
An eye for detail in terms of data checking is essential. The candidate must be confident working with data and taking responsibility for the accuracy of the data they are dealing with.
Capability to organise, assign and execute tasks within tight timescales.
Business and Selling Skills
Excellent communicator able to demonstrate success and experience managing new and existing client relationships.
Strong report and proposal writing skills. Confident speaker with excellent communication skills to deliver pitches, presentations, communicate with clients or internally.