We are looking for an experienced Senior Researcher within our Research team.
Working within the Research team to build the evidence base of effective practice in careers and enterprise activities to support positive outcomes for all young people.
Support an ambitious and fast-paced programme of research with rigorous research and analysis skills, as well as good project management of partners.
Role reports into the Head of Research, Emily Tanner, who joined the Company last year from leading the education research at the National Centre for Social Research. She has extensive experience of research across education and employment and of managing research teams to deliver high quality, mixed methods research and evaluation.
The Careers & Enterprise Company was established in 2015 to prepare and inspire young people for the fast-changing world of work. To do this, we have formed a national network that connects schools and colleges with employers, large and small, and career programme providers such as Teach First and The Prince’s Trust.
What Experience do I need?
Qualifications & Experience required:
- Experience of social research, ideally in education – with knowledge of the English education system, careers and enterprise activities, policy, employment and skills, schools and colleges.
- A track record of proven impact through research and analytics (as an academic or in a research agency or consultancy), with end-to-end experience of commercial research projects, ideally on both the client/commissioning side and on the contracting side.
- Proven ability to deliver at pace with inputs from diverse data sources.
- Project management experience including delivering to time/scope/cost and how to build in learning opportunities.
- Graduate with a good degree in a relevant quantitative or social science discipline, ideally with a higher degree.
Skills & Core Competencies:
- Collaborative and good at building relationships; working with colleagues, partner organisations and beyond, to achieve one mission.
- Good at influencing others, a responsive written and verbal communicator with strong interpersonal skills, confident working with individuals at all levels.
- Analytical, creative and strategic, a good problem solver, with good business acumen.
- Pragmatic and adaptable with the ability to use initiative amid ambiguity.
A positive team player with a commitment to personal development and the confidence to learn quickly by doing.
To see the full job description and find out more about the company and the exciting work we are doing with young people across England please visit https://www.careersandenterprise.co.uk/about-us/join-the-team
To apply, please submit a CV and a personal statement of 700 words maximum, outlining your interest in the role and suitability in relation to the key responsibilities, experience and competencies.
Closing date for applications is Sunday, 27th January. First round interviews will be held on 31st January and 1st February. Second round interviews will take place on 6th February.