Data Processing/Survey Programming Engineer
This role requires a dynamic self-starter who is bursting with ideas and enthusiasm, and who can grow this role to take on a broader remit around using and building software that can help the company maintain an edge.
In this role you will be working closely with a team of researchers, helping them to deal with the tools the agency uses and the data output it creates. The role includes duties such as survey set up, data processing and creating online communities, and helping create more complicated analysis in tools like SPSS, Excel or using R.
This involves maintaining proprietary technology and expanding/adapting it, as well as sourcing and maintaining relationships with software partners. The role requires some existing knowledge or, at minimum, a strong interest in software development and coding (the company will offer any further appropriate training or courses). You'll have a good grounding in data processing and experience in scripting surveys.
Qualifications and skills required:
First degree (2:1 or above) in a relevant degree (Computer Science, Maths, Psychology etc.)
* A highly numerate and analytical mind
* At least 2 years' experience with survey tools, analytical tools and advanced excel skills
* Experience in or demonstrable interest in software development / coding and / or ICT systems
* You'll have a good grounding in data processing and experience in scripting surveys.
* An interest in 'new' methods for data processing, such as data visualisation, machine learning, AI, NLP etc.
You will benefit from:
* Stimulating, informal working environment
* Opportunity to learn and develop with time and budget allocated for professional development
* Opportunity to be part of a small team and genuinely influence the company
Please note, we can only contact candidates who have relevant experience and the right to work in the UK.