Quantitative Senior Research Executive (New Generation)
The primary responsibility in this position is to take a leading role in ensuring the successful management of projects from inception to completion. Hands-on involvement in the detailed aspects of project management is essential.
Introducing Impact Research
At Impact Research we collaborate with forward-thinking brands to resolve strategic and complex business challenges. With an advanced analytical capability we combine multiple data sets and extract pertinent holistic insights, enabling smart recommendations. Our team is talented, dynamic, ambitious and passionate about the sectors we specialise in, we stay informed on market dynamics and have a credible and persuasive point of view.
Impact New Generation (‘New Gen’)
This is a broad-ranging role covering all stages of the research process and is based in our full-service New Gen team. Your role will see you engaging with shoppers about their usage, attitudes, behaviour and changing preferences towards emerging technologies.
What do we do?
We operate in a range of new and emerging technology sectors. Currently our primary workstream is e-cigs/ vaping, however, we anticipate smart home technology becoming an increasing focus. To date, the largest proportion of the volume/value of our work we do has been quantitative and ad-hoc, but we also conduct qualitative research, and work internationally as well as in the UK. We are known for using a variety of analytical techniques in our research, and have a number of analysts who specialise in Advanced Methods. We regularly publish our written work, including technical and topical issues of interest to our clients (follow us @impactmr on Twitter or see impactmr.com/publications).
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a confident individual with a ‘get up and go’ attitude; someone who is energised by being detailed oriented and wishes to immerse themselves in the ethos of our company and ultimately sharing in its success.
We offer competitive salaries which are periodically reviewed in line with performance, a discretionary annual bonus scheme tied to company performance, 25 days annual leave and a contributory workplace pension. We also offer childcare vouchers and cycle to work (salary sacrifice) schemes, and flexible working patterns.
Skills & Experience Required
Candidates must be educated to degree level or equivalent, and have good experience of quantitative research at least some of which will have been gained within an agency environment. In addition:
- Proven ability to coordinate projects throughout the project lifecycle
- Proven ability to manage and enhance client and supplier relationships
- Relevant sector experience or research experience
- Experience of a variety of ad hoc research methodologies
- Impeccable analytical skills/ability to interpret numerical data, including intermediate SPSS, Q or similar software skills
- Ability to write in a clear, succinct and compelling manner. To think beyond the research and deliver key insights
- Strong communication skills and the ability to demonstrate this both verbally and written
- Desire to contribute to the ‘team spirit’ that makes all projects and the company a success
- Line management and/or training experience
- Ability to absorb new information and keep up to date on industry advancements
- Confident and proactive, with a passion for challenges and own development