About the job
The Research Institute for Consumer Affairs is looking for a Researcher to join our team of highly skilled staff.
As one of our team of Researchers you will contribute to all aspects of our research to evaluate products and services for disabled and older people. You will join a staff team of eight based in North London.
RICA uses a wide range of user-centred research methods including usability testing, co-design workshops, mystery shopping, surveys and focus groups, as well as market research. Our research is published as:
- Reports for policy makers, service providers and manufacturers (our clients), and/or
- Consumer reports and information for older and disabled people
Essential skills & experience
- Graduates Accepted - Qualified to degree level or equivalent in a relevant research based discipline e.g. ergonomics, human factors, psychology, HCI or similar
- Familiarity with qualitative and quantitative research methods such as user tests, surveys and focus groups
- An understanding of practical statistics with an ability to think analytically
- The ability to communicate verbally and write precisely in a plain colloquial style
- Ability with a range of software, including Microsoft Office.
- Experience of working in a multi-disciplinary research team
- Understanding of accessibility issues affecting older and disabled people as consumers and as research participants
Characteristics and qualities
- Responsible, motivated with a good work ethic
- Willingness to learn
- A team player
- Respectful, honest and friendly
How to apply
To apply for the role, please send your CV via the Apply Button and completed application form to: firstname.lastname@example.org Please note we will not accept CV only applications.
About the Research Institute for Consumer Affairs
We’re the UK consumer champion for disabled and older people. We're a national charity focussing our work on three key areas:
- We’re the leading experts in user-centred research involving disabled and older consumers. We help businesses, charities and government improve products and services for disabled and older people, as we believe this is the most effective way of making a substantial difference to the lives of disabled and older consumers
- We provide free, up to date consumer information and user reviews to help disabled and older people choose the right products and services to lead an independent life
- We believe in promoting, protecting and representing the voice of disabled and older consumers with decision makers. We champion accessibility, inclusion, and independent living
All of our work is underpinned by our specialist research which is carried out by our team of highly skilled researchers and our research forum of 750+ disabled and older consumers who provide us with unique insights and solutions.
The Research Institute for Consumer Affairs is an equal opportunities employer and we actively encourage candidate applications from all sections of the community. Our office is fully wheelchair accessible.
More searches like this
- Graduate Researcher Consumer £20,000 - £24,999 jobs in London (North)
- Qualitative Researcher Consumer £20,000 - £24,999 jobs in London (North)
- Quantitative Researcher Consumer £20,000 - £24,999 jobs in London (North)
- Research Executive Consumer £20,000 - £24,999 jobs in London (North)
- Research Officer Consumer £20,000 - £24,999 jobs in London (North)