Music Piracy Insight Manager
Our client is a leading UK music industry organisation – one of the most exciting and dynamic music industries in the world.
A new and unique opportunity has arisen for a talented, experienced research and analysis expert to add insight and significant value to our client’s already highly-regarded music industry content protection team.
The ‘Insight Manager’ will need to be exceptionally comfortable working in and producing output in a highly pressured and demanding collegiate team environment. They will deal with the ever-changing and fast-paced world of music piracy, and consumption of music in the UK across all online platforms and physical channels.
The successful candidate will report to the Head of Content Protection, but will also have regular and detailed interactions with the Chief Executive Officer and General Counsel and other teams within the organisation including the Research & Information Department.
The specific, non-exhaustive, tasks required of the candidate will be as follows:
- Analyse intellectual property infringement of, and consumption of, music in the UK across all online platforms and physical channels, using a variety of tools and resources including web traffic analysis tools (eg Alexa and SimilarWeb), consumer and market activity measurement tools (eg ComScore) and Microsoft Office.
- Proactively predict music consumption, piracy trends and new piracy threats.
- Analyse the impact of piracy on the music industry.
- Contextualise complex data and help shape content protection strategies.
- Articulate findings and predictions orally and in clear, concise reports, charts and infographics.
The ideal candidate will already be working in the music industry. Alternatively, they will have a passionate interest in music and come from a related content industry and can quickly become an expert in music consumption and develop in-depth knowledge around music piracy.
The candidate must have excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills, be highly motivated, calm in working to tight deadlines and have strong attention to detail. The candidate will also have responsibility for day-to-day management of two data analysis team members.
Our client is passionately keen to attract, and actively encourages, the best possible candidates to apply, regardless of their gender, race, colour, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion or political belief.