Project Manager - Project Management GPS
We are looking for a Project Manager to join the GfK Project Management team based in Canary Wharf, London. This is an exciting time for the Project Management team at GfK which has recently undergone an expansion both in terms of people and the remit of tasks being undertaken for projects.
Project Management is critical to the success of our business with team members working closely with our Product and Industry teams, as well as clients, to deliver high quality outputs.
We are looking for a Project Manager to join our friendly, enthusiastic team where you will be working on a range of projects from large complex international studies to smaller ad hoc studies. This role will play a key supporting part in the future development of the Project Management team and offers good development opportunities for the right candidate.
GfK’s Project Management team is responsible for the overall delivery and execution of all research projects. The team is also referred to as GPS (Global Project Services) and this reflects the global initiative to provide a network of dedicated Project Management teams. As part of the GfK UK Operations division, the team works closely with Researchers, external clients and colleagues within Operations to ensure proper and accurate delivery of all projects.
As project managers we are responsible for making the project happen; from proposal input through to data and client deliverables, this includes ensuring the correct methods are used for the research and the correct resource is available to successfully implement and deliver the requirements on time, on budget and to the highest quality standards. The team is also responsible for defining best practice and making improvements to our Project Management processes, tools and resources.
Whilst separate to our Bidding team, the Project Management team will investigate new options and solutions that are open to us and provide additional support to the Bidding team when required. This is project management in its broadest sense providing valuable input to all stages of the research process.
Purpose of the Role
A Project Manager will be responsible for managing small-medium scale International or UK only projects of average complexity with minimal support. They are most likely to support and form part of the project team for our larger and technically advanced projects.
Additionally the position will need to:
- Working with senior team members to support relationships with the Industry and Solutions teams and, where required, external clients
- Be actively aware of the financial performance of the projects they are responsible for
- Take a supporting role in Project Management strategic initiatives aimed at developing the services UK Operations offer the Industry/Research teams.
Key Activities/ Responsibilities
- Support the Bidding team by providing practical bidding support and guidance and recommendations based on experience
- Prepare and run initial internal project briefings
- Use PMI (Project Management Institute) standards and templates on all projects
- Manage small/medium projects and support on medium/large scale projects professionally and with attention to budget, timing, and quality
- Act as the main point of contact for all communication between relevant Operations teams and main Research/Solutions contact
- Provide final review and Operations sign-off of fieldwork material
- Provide final review and Operations sign-off of survey scripts
- Liaise with 3rd party sample providers for project set-up, briefings and re-costing
- Provide end-client focused tasks to ensure timely delivery and project quality
- Adhere to global and local standard procedures/processes
- Instruct and liaise with Global Support Centers and/or GPS Romania on projects
- Offer support to junior team members
- Set goals, provide direction and guidance to coachees/ junior team members
- Actively deliver training or define processes to aid integration
- Provide guidance to those studying for the Market Research Society (MRS) certificate
- Develop own skills on the job across methodologies, industries and specialisms
- Ensure that financial metrics are entered into the system on a regular basis (e.g. supplier invoices and hours on the job)
- Ensure projects are booked correctly and in a timely manner and that any revised pricing is negotiated at an early stage and the project re-booked
- Ensure project finances are monitored regularly for all Ops teams. Raise any issues / out of scope work with the lead PM at the earliest opportunity therefore allowing any potential overruns to be anticipated and addressed
- Adhere to the strategy for UK Operations. Understand the necessary processes and ensure they are implemented on projects
Technical skills required
- Ability to create develop solid working relationships with international contacts
- Demonstrate good understanding of implementing various research methodologies (CAWI, CATI, PAPI)
- Well-developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Solid understanding of project management
- Solid grasp of cultural differences in fieldwork approaches by market
- Client focused attitude – ability to develop strong relationships with the industry and Solutions teams, and external clients as required
- Well-developed decision making and priority setting skills
- Team-player - ability to work productively with colleagues across all teams
This role will be based in our Canary Wharf office and offers a competitive salary, bonus and benefits.