Business Manager WMI
Are you entrepreneurial with good leadership skills and an ability to engage with top management stakeholders? Do you have the strategic vision to seek new subjects and services? Have you got experience and practical knowledge of the HVAC industry with a background in research and market intelligence?
BSRIA is a test, instruments, research and consultancy organisation in construction and building services providing specialist support services for design, construction, facilities management, product testing and market intelligence. As a non-profit distributing member-based Association, we also publish best practice guides, hold an extensive library and run training and events.
We are looking for an experienced Business Manager to operate and develop the business area in a manner that contributes both to the funds and mission of BSRIA. You will use best endeavour to support BSRIA’s wider commercial interest through co-operation with other business managers and directors.
- Lead the WMI team both in the UK and internationally in line with the corporate objectives, mission and values of BSRIA delivering good quality product to grow the market research portfolio, increase profitability and expand reputation and reach. Provide vision and strategic direction for the group.
- Develop strategic objectives for the business and prepare a plan for approval by the Board. The plan should include strategic objectives for technical, process and marketing facets required by the business.
- Implement the agreed strategy. This includes deciding tactical and strategic moves into new product, subject and service areas.
- Provide sound management of the commercial and financial aspects of the business with due consideration to growth, earnings and positive management of cash.
- Be a fully supportive and proactive member of the BSRIA management team. Not only delivering excellence with the boundaries of WMI but being a part of a high achieving and collaborative peer group.
- Budgetary responsibilities, includes monitoring financial performance against targets and budgets and keeping track of the temperature of the business. Take full profit and loss accountability for the WMI Division.
The Person – you will have:
- a degree / NVQ level 4 or 5 or very strong educational background;
- experience and practical knowledge of the HVAC industry;
- background in research and market intelligence;
- extensive experience in a managerial role on a similar level;
- strong communication and leadership qualities;
- commercial awareness;
- ability to build strong relationships with clients, staff, subcontractors and other partners;
- sales ability – known figure with credibility in the industry.
For more information, please view the assignment details on www.thewlisgraham.com. For a confidential discussion contact Sarah Thewlis on +44 (0) 20 7850 4781. Applications are invited in the form of a CV and covering letter (in Word format) including your remuneration details and notice period by 5pm, Monday 31 October 2016. Send to Sarah Thewlis at firstname.lastname@example.org quoting reference J0903.