Junior Research Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Sony Interactive Entertainment Europe (SIEE), based in London, is responsible for the distribution, marketing and sales of hardware, software and services. Covering PlayStation®Network, PlayStation®4 (PS4®) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®Vita (PS Vita) portable entertainment system, PlayStation®3 (PS3®) computer entertainment system, PlayStation®VR in 109 territories across Europe, the Middle East, Africa and Oceania. SIEE has revolutionised home entertainment since they launched PlayStation® in 1994.
A new role has been created for a Junior Research Manager to join the Consumer Insight & Market Knowledge team which is part of the central head office Marketing department of SIEE.
We are looking for a Junior Research Manager – someone with a desire to progress their career and develop their talent. You will have a solid foundation in research skills, ideally 3 years of direct experience, with a desire to develop your methodological skills, data interpretation and project management experience. You must have strong written and verbal communication skills, a desire to learn and be a strong project manager
Key duties and responsibilities
To work within the Customer Insight team of the marketing department at SIEE, and support in the development, commissioning, management, analysis and dissemination of consumer research projects.
The role will involve the following activities
- As Jnr Research Manager you will have responsibility for your own projects and provide project support to 2 x Senior Consumer Research Managers. The majority of projects are pan European and an increasing number being global involving the other SIE RHQ’s.
- Running own projects and assisting with the running of bigger strategic projects through liaising with product managers, working with research agencies, creating summaries and reports, contributing to meetings and presentations.
- SIEE insights utilise a full range of research methodologies across qual, quant, and a range of internal data and insight resources.
- Managing the day to day tasks of the PlayStation (closed) Research Community: This will be end to end project management – taking the brief from marketing, working with the agency to draw up the task and delivering the insights into the business.
- Supporting the Consumer Insights Managers on the day to day running of Global tracking projects. This will include – programme management, agency meetings, analysis and dissemination of tracking insights.
- Assimilation of info/insight from various insight and data resources, such as secondary and in house data resources, to create a comprehensive picture against a brief.
- Other responsibilities include – finances, arranging and booking presentations, taking minutes during key meetings and global calls, assisting in workshops set up.
- Qualification: Degree level (essential)
- Experience: Experience in undertaking qual and quant research in a market research agency or client side role (essential); Must have 3+ years research experience (essential); Project management experience (essential); Experience leading on client / stakeholder management (essential); report writing experience (essential); experience presenting (desirable).
- Knowledge: Strong analytical skills - Be comfortable working with data and a good eye for detail and numeracy skills (essential); Excel and data literate. Ability to assimilate info/insight from various sources and create a comprehensive picture (essential).
- Personal qualities: enthusiastic, motivated, proactive, curious, organised and a self-starter. Be able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines as well as handling multiple priorities.