This job is no longer available
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The Digital Analyst provides robust online KPI’s, daily & weekly reporting and ad hoc analyses to deliver insights to the Play.com marketing teams. This role is accountable for the integrity of the online data and reporting processes as well as providing actionable insight to the CRM, Onsite, Customer Experience and Content teams.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
1. To manage the suite of online analytics and research tools including responsibility for the online data tools and framework.
2. To ensure the integrity of the online data through regular updates, checks and reporting.
3. Set-up, maintain and develop the necessary systems to automate current reports.
4. To manage Webtrends, Google Analytics and Omniture ensuring reporting functions are built, managed and developed in these tools or any other online data tool.
5. To be responsible for managing and developing relationships with 3rd party vendors.
6. To produce regular reports and provide analysis of detailed reports on all key online activity.
7. To provide comprehensive insight into customer activity on the website.
8. To identify general trends, make recommendations and highlight risks or opportunities in order to drive campaign and onsite analysis where appropriate.
9. To work with other business areas to develop more in-depth research.
10. To provide recommendations to marketing teams based actionable insights.
11. Work with other team members on modelling, segmentation and profiling projects, focusing on online marketing activity.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE.
1. Educated to degree level (or equivalent) in a Science, Computing, Web, Marketing or Arts subject or equivalent work experience.
2. Possess a deep passion for the Web, digital products, online user experience and data.
3. Proven experience in a business-to-consumer environment, experience in online retail together with demonstrable and extended experience in Online analytics.
4. Experience in defining metrics to track online user journeys, analytical work on deriving insights for a website and online campaigns and setting-up automated reporting across multiple data sources.
5. Experience of online campaign performance management and strong reporting/database experience. Strong analytical and numerical skills with knowledge of data mining and statistical modelling advantageous.
6. Experience of working with online data in combination with external sources and other channels.
8. Previous experience of using MVT or A/B optimisation tools would be an advantage.
9. A working knowledge of the wider digital landscape including affiliate, SEO principles, content seeding and use of social media in order to drive traffic and a passion for actionable insight.
10. Able to work self directed and exhibits a degree of pro-activeness in analysing customer behaviour using available data to influence changes on the website.
11. Uses sound judgment to identify issues, escalate when appropriate and prioritise effectively.
12. Possesses a personable, energetic style with a positive "can-do" attitude and a high level of attention to detail.