This job is no longer available
This is an online business which has rapidly grown to become one of the market leaders within its field. They are passionate about putting data at the heart of their business model, and basing all decisions from marketing to product development upon empirical research. They have access to a wide range of data from their website, and are constantly striving to better understand their customers from their data to help customers find what they are looking for.
This is an exciting opportunity for an analyst interested in developing their skills within an online environment. The Analytics Team work horizontally across the business and provide insight and support to all areas. In such a varied role there are a range of responsibilities and opportunities for analysis which will come your way, but key responsibilities will include:
- Working with raw data from diverse sources, manipulating it into a workable form for analysis and providing regular updates and reporting on data.
- Analysis of the core mechanics of the website which is central to the business model.
- Regular generation of data for marketing campaigns and post-campaign analysis to measure their effectiveness; including national television campaigns.
- Designing and building reporting tools, and constructing automated process for internal and external data needs.
- Ad hoc analysis to support a wide range of internal clients from across the business.
The Key attributes of the Analyst include:
- Strong experience with your analytical software package of choice, we will consider applicants working in SPSS, R, S, SAS, Stata or similar, with experience using it in a business setting.
- Good understanding of statistical modeling including multivariate analysis and experience with large data sets.
- Comfortable working with raw data from a range of sources, ability to clean and prepare data for your own analysis.
- An understanding of when the standard ‘off the shelf’ solution is the most efficient answer for a problem, but also a desire to find creative answers to questions and try unorthodox approaches.
- We are looking at candidates in the £30-45K range, depending on experience; we are a rapidly expanding company and are looking for the right candidate to help us expand our business. Therefore the responsibilities of the role can evolve depending on your skillset.